A (probably dumb) question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mcflyfyter

CarAudio.com Newbie
Anyone care to guess how much clearance I need at the back of this 12? It is pretty close to 3 sides, and I was going to add a support on the 4th side. I probably have a little over an eighth inch right now.

I was planning to run it sealed @500 watts, because it seems too shallow and long to be easily tuned. Porting just seems like a waste of time, and I'd probably screw it up anyways. So yeah, how much clearance do I need? There is no vent or anything, just needs to clear.
20200523_193645.jpg
20200523_193622.jpg

The vent holes aren't at the bottom of the magnet, so you can get extremely close so long as it doesn't touch the magnet and vibrate against it.

Attachments

• 480x360-back.jpg
    480x360-back.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 223
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.