A deal so good i'm scared! (Craiglist)

Actually, buying stolen equipment is a crime, so it may be your problem....
OHhhh, i see, it might be a dateline set-up to see if i'll take it,then bust me right? To catch a predator style right? You know the more i think about.......wait....your a cop aren't you!?!?

OHhhh, i see, it might be a dateline set-up to see if i'll take it,then bust me right? To catch a predator style right? You know the more i think about.......wait....your a cop aren't you!?!?
Haha **** naw I aint no cop man. I HIGHLY doubt that they are trying to set you up. What city are you from? You should be good, I was just stating it was a crime to buy stolen product cause you said not your problem. Just bring a decent sized knife/box cutter and your boy. You'll be fine.

Haha **** naw I aint no cop man. I HIGHLY doubt that they are trying to set you up. What city are you from? You should be good, I was just stating it was a crime to buy stolen product cause you said not your problem. Just bring a decent sized knife/box cutter and your boy. You'll be fine.
I hear ya, thing is if you don't know it's stolen it's not illegal ! Worst case scenario they trace it,make you give it back to the owner!

I hear ya, thing is if you don't know it's stolen it's not illegal ! Worst case scenario they trace it,make you give it back to the owner!
Here I know if you have stolen possessions, then you can get in trouble, weather knowing it or not. But like I said, if you just keep the equipment theres really no way to get caught. And yea, this **** is probably already sold. I'm sure your not the ONLY one scoping it out.

And yea, this **** is probably already sold. I'm sure your not the ONLY one scoping it out.

Yeah he posted this july 29, i emailed him,got his phone number, talked to him last night, and scheduled to pick all this up this evening ,so it's not sold already.

ignorance of the law does not prevent you from getting in trouble. receiving stolen property is a crime.

I'd discuss with him that you plan to pay with a check.... If he insists on Cash, ask him, what about a cashiers check, or MO? If he continues to insist on cash I'd be a bit concerned. Try to leave a paper trail even if it is in the "Jack n the box" parking lot.

google search....

Texas law "has long permitted the conviction of a person for theft if the evidence shows him to have been found in possession of recently stolen property without offering an explanation inconsistent with guilt when first called upon directly or circumstantially to do so." Chavez v. State, 843 S.W.2d 586, 587 (Tex. Crim. App. 1992) (citing Sutherlin v. State, 682 S.W.2d 546 (Tex. Crim. App. 1984)); see Poncio v. State, 185 S.W.3d 904, 904-05 (Tex. Crim. App. 2006); James v. State, 48 S.W.3d 482, 485 (Tex. App.--Houston [14th Dist.] 2001, no pet.).

rgonnagetit.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.