A deal so good i'm scared! (Craiglist)

twistedchild420
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
East,TX
Well i found a post yesterday for this........

( I have a buch or car stuff im selling. the only reasn im selling it is because i need the space and money. everything im about to list is included. I have a subwoofer box for 2 twelves and i have one for 3 tens that is custom built to go behind the seat of a regular cab truck, 2 subs (10in) , a jvc cd player, a sony 500w 4channel amp, kenwood 7in tochscreen panel with hideaway cd/dvd player and brain, and some other misc items. I need to sell this stuff asap. 100 takes ALL! )

So i call the guy and he says it's legit,just that the kenwood touch screen needed a data cable, the subs are an 10" Ifinity Kappa Perfect,and a 10" Memphis M3 Mojo(gettin a lotta good deals on those lately) he said he had everything up for 250$ before but no biters, needless to say i'm not goin alone, and we will meet in a well lit area, and i'm gonna hook up the subs before i leave, if everythings legit i'll throw him some extra bucks,but time will tell, i'm goin tonight when i get off work, so what do you guys think?

YOU GONNA GET IT

in_da_butt.jpg

I hope it works out,you never know,and if it's stolen that's not my problem,better me buying it them somebody else, but i will be taking my "Chastity Belt" ,if you know what i mean!

July 26, 2009

FROM STNG WIRE REPORTS

Bond was set Sunday for three South Side men charged after allegedly attempting to rob two off-duty Markham police officers examining a car Friday night on the South Side.

One of the officers shot all three men after he was allegedly beaten with a baseball bat, authorities said.

Rodney Youngblood, 19, and William Hall, 27, both of the 7800 block of South Yates Avenue, and Daryl McClure, 27, of the 9200 block of South Clyde Avenue, were each charged at 5:13 p.m. Saturday with two counts of attempted armed robbery with a firearm, according to police News Affairs.

During a Sunday hearing, Cook County Judge Israel Desierto set Youngblood and Hall's bond at $350,000 and McClure's bond at $400,000, according to a court spokeswoman.

The incident happened about 10:10 p.m. Friday in the 7800 block of South Yates Avenue, according to police News Affairs.

Markham police Deputy Chief Tony DuBois said an off-duty male and female officer went examine a car they saw on Craigslist.com when they were attacked.

“They were looking to buy a used car,” DuBois said. “They made a phone call to a guy and he said, ‘Come out and take a look, call me when you get to the address.’”

When the officers arrived, one of the men allegedly led them though a gangway to the back yard -- where the car was allegedly parked, DuBois said.

As they walked through the gangway, two men allegedly jumped out at them, one reportedly striking the male officer with a baseball bat while the other held a gun to the female officer’s head, DuBois said.

“It was an ambush,” DuBois said.

The officer who was beaten with the bat then pulled out his gun and announced he was a police officer. When the man holding the gun allegedly pointed the gun at him the officer shot all three men.

“[The officer] fired, and struck all three offenders,” DuBois said.

Chicago Police then took the men into custody.

The officer who was beaten in his chest was taken to John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook County and was released about 1:30 a.m., DuBois said. Two of the suspects were taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn and one was taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital, police News Affairs Officer JoAnn Taylor said.

Youngblood remained hospitalized when his bond was set Sunday.

“These criminals are trying to get a little more slick, [using the Internet] to lure you to places that don’t even exist” DuBois said of the Craigslist ambush. “It’s a shame. We are just glad our officer did a good job, and is able to live to see another day.”

“[The offenders] ran into the wrong police officers,” DuBois said. “What if they were ordinary citizens? Not trained to handle those situations? It…[could have been] tragic.”

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/1685368,w-cops-attacked-chicago-craigslist-072509.article

I hope it works out,you never know,and if it's stolen that's not my problem,better me buying it them somebody else, but i will be taking my "Chastity Belt" ,if you know what i mean!
Actually, buying stolen equipment is a crime, so it may be your problem....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.