A 12v power source for LED, inside of amp?

F A T B O Y
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
MS
I'm putting a strip of LED's inside my amp, and i was wondering where i could grab power from to power them?

My amp (AP3001d) already had an LED on the front, so i took the + and - from there and soldered my LED strip to it, but it obviously wasn't enough power. (didn't work)

Was also wondering...

Are these 12v power wires constant, or do they only have power when the H/U is on? I mean, if i used these as a power source for my LED's, would they stay on always or just when i turn the key?

AMPFORPAINT.jpg

Those i believe, Would have your LED's on ALL the time. I would personally run a relay for your remote, And use the same relay to power your LED's. You may be able to tap into the remove in there somewhere, Id assume.

that wire seems like overkill for leds, i would hook up a flip switch on your dash, and then hook the leds up to the switch. This option you will be able to turn the leds on and off as you please and not have them on everytime you start your car

Hook the + wire to the ground on the amp, and the - to the remote on the amp. I had some fans hooked up that way to help cool my amp off, they only turn on when the amp is on.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

F A T B O Y

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
F A T B O Y
MS
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date