99 Grand Am Coupe 6x9s

Participant count
  • Participant list

Slayer315

Alright dudes, I'm new to the forum and somewhat car audio in general, so please be gentle //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif . Alright, I got some new pioneer 4 ways to replace the crappy Delco 6x9s (well, maybe not THAT crappy, they've served me well, and now its time for them to retire). And I need some help figuring out the wiring. Bear with me...

Ok, if you're looking at the car from the back, the way the wires are set up is as follows:

LEFT SPEAKER:

wire on left side of the speaker (color): Green w/ black stripe

wire on left side of the speaker (color): blue w/ white stripe

wire on right side of the speaker (color): brown

wire on right side of the speaker (color): yellow

RIGHT SPEAKER:

wire on left side of the speaker (color): light blue with black stripe

wire on left side of the speaker (color): green

wire on right side of the speaker (color): light blue

wire on right side of the speaker (color): blue

ok, first question is what the hell are all these wires FOR anyway? Why isn't there just two for each speaker, one for the positive and one for the negative? I tried hooking up the brown to positve and the yellow to negative on the left speaker just for kicks and to see what would happen, and sound comes out of it, but low frequencies are almost nonexistant. Same happened for when I did the same on the right speaker with the light blue to positive and the blue to negative. Can someone PLEASE tell me either

A. what the hell is going on here?

B. how to hook this **** up correctly

C. a link to a place that will

D. a link to the place that sells a harness or something to simplify all this garbage.

dudes, ANY, and I mean ANY! help will be appreciated. I'm about to have a nervous breakdown because I can't crank Angel of Death to its fullest potential while I cruise around the local catholic affiliated college. HELP!!!

RJO

i have a 93 Grand Am and my wiring is kinda the same (ok im lying its no where near the same.) but i can tell you all wires with a black stripe down them is ground( unless some dumb A$$ hooked them up. and usually the darker color of the other pairs is the ground. Hook - to ground and + to other one.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.