96 impala ss 8 12"s

Name me one reason the 96 is the best year?
Other than any local autoparts store can scan your codes.

analog gauges, floor shift odbii, higher resale value, last year

HAHAHAHAHA

Everything from the heads to the cam, to the block are different. Even the MAF sensors are different.

Same HP/TQ numbers for every year of the B and D bodies.

How does the engine peak at lower RPMs? Same cam, same heads, same TC, same ****ing driveline.

yeah there is quite a bit difference i agree, the number are not the same ***** look at gm specs 95 vs 96 impala

and i took that quote with the different torque band off consumer reports so get ur facts straight u dumb ***** i have owned a 95 and a 96 at the sametime both of the above were mine at one point gave the 96 to my brother and sold the 95 to my best friend and there is a considerable difference with the 96 off the line

OK first off you said that the 96 LT1 was better, then I asked you why other than its obd2. You in return gave me interior options and how its OBD2.

I'm done arguing about you knowing nothing...

and your install looks like my drunken sh!ts.

thats not all i said reading is > than u ****in noob

read

Powertrain Options and Availability

Only one powertrain was available for the '91 Caprice: Chevrolet's 5.0-liter fuel-injected V8, sending its 170 horsepower to a 4-speed automatic transmission. A 5.7-liter V8, optional in 1992-93 wagons (standard in '93 LTZ sedan), produced only 10 more horsepower than the 5.0, but 45 more pound-feet of torque--just right to haul heavy loads and tow big trailers. For 1994, a 4.3-liter V8 replaced the 5.0-liter, hooked to a new electronically controlled transmission and making 200 horsepower. At the same time, a potent new 260-horsepower version of the 5.7-liter V8 became optional--an evolution of the LT1 engine in Corvettes. That V8 was standard in the Impala SS. For its final year (1996), torque output on the LT1-based engine peaked at lower engine speed.

Engines Size liters /

cu. in Horse- power Torque Transmission:

EPA city/hgwy Consumer Guide Observed

ohv V8 4.3 / 265 200 235-245 4-speed automatic: 18/26 4-speed automatic: --

ohv V8 5.0 / 305 170 255 4-speed automatic: 17/26 4-speed automatic: 16

ohv V8 5.7 / 350 180 300 4-speed automatic: 16/25 4-speed automatic: --

ohv V8 5.7 / 350 260 330 4-speed automatic: 17/26 4-speed automatic: 17

biggest reason for not getting a 94 over a 95-96 is the mirrors are on the door in 94 and 96 there on the side front vent window spot. also rear side vent window uses a cap to round it off in 94 and 95-96 don't

cool man, i want some lambos.. about how much do they cost? any good places to get em.. My mechanic says if i get em he can put it on.. i just dont wanna get screwed but a shiity kit and have it bend/warp.. i know he can do it.. i have seen him do it, i just no nothing aboutt the quality orbrand of product the guy brought him..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.