9500 thunder

Festes40
10+ year member

canada
I have a 9500 12" dual 4 ohm sub. I'm new to this, so any help will be appreciated....I need to build a sub box, something basic, probably a sealed box. I'm not sure how to go about it, dimensions, material, etc.... maybe a diagram of how to build it etc...I'm just looking for a clear, crisp, deep base....Thanks in advanced!

Ok thanks, I suppose you don't have any specs of the box (Length, width etc), or any diagrams on how to build it, where to put the port etc..

Math was my weakest subject in school lol...when you say "2.6 cubes @ 34.8hz worked perfect. I used 42 sq in of port area" thats greek to me. I think i'm over my head lol

air space inside enclosure after displacement of the sub was 2.6 cubic feet

Port area was 42 sq inches, and the port extended until the enclosure was tuned to 34.8 hz.

here you owe me, i spend some time on this:

type in http://reaudio.com/speaker_box/LPort_Box_Calc.html

box width = 37

height = 13.5

depth 1 & 2 both = 16

wood thickness = 0.75

square port width = 3.5

port length 2 = 13

That will give you approx 2.61 @ 34.5 hz w/ 42 sq in of port area

Enjoy! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Wow I do owe you...thanks man, your a life saver.....but being the dummy I am, I have a few more questions....why do they say to cut box left plate 15.25x12x15.25x12, why not just 15.25x12, like the top plate (LxW), why did they repeat it twice, same goes for the box right plate and the port 1. Also the cut angle is 90, that just means a normal straight across cut right. Whats the best material to use, I've been told 3/4 mdf, and other people say 3/4 plywood. I know you glue it together, but which is better, screwing it together, if so, (something like gyprock screws) or lots of brad nails...I'm sorry for being so dumb, but I just want to do it right the first time, and i'm new to all this..I really appreciate all your help!!!

why the hell would you even buy this subwoofer to put it in a sealed box? its not made or ment for that. you could have saved yourself tons of money doing some research instead of just buying whatever people tell you. hope your happy with it tho.

michaellane....I traded for this sub and amp, (I got a super super deal) I didn't have a clue what I was getting, all I know that this was pretty good quality stuff. I couldn't believe how big and heavy this sub was lol... It says it can be used in a sealed box, so I figure that was the simplest way (I'm not into competition or anything, I just want some good base) So I found this site, and I was hoping the people that knows what is going on may give me a heads up and guide me along, and I was right. This site rocks and I appreciate all the help...ProjectPechkin is the man, and with the help he gave me, i'm going to build a ported box.....

ProjectPechkin....Thanks for all your help..I built the box tonight, and it looks good...Looks like it's quite big for 1 sub though lol...Where do I locate the sub...in the center of the front, or more over to the right of the port whole, or does it matter...Thanks again ProjectPechkin!!!!

You will want to make it in the center from the edge of your port whole to the outside of your box. It will look cleaner and thats normally how boxs are made.

If the box looks too big for the sub then you probably did it right. The higher you go in rms typically the box will need to be bigger because of how much air its moving.

you can run any subwoofer you'd like in a sealed box. it all deends on what your goal is. or what kind of music you plan to actually listen to? but this speaker here.....well you just aren't using it to its full potential unless its a ported box. and just put the sub on the fronto the box on the other side from the port....so port on the left and sub on he right

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.