95 Cutlass Supreme Interior/System Build Log

tEh koRnDog
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Buffalo, NY
Next couple of months Im gonna be working on my car, doing a number of things. Gonna be tidying some things on the interior, replacing the original carpet, fixing up the door panels and changing them up a little. I will also be adding a system when its all said and done. As of right now, my front stage will consist of Hertz HSK 165 component set. Im up in the air on what amp to power them with, as of right now, I was thinking of going with a Memphis 16-MCA300.(Open to suggestions) On the HU, will get to that further on in the thread. For the sub, most likely a 12" RE XXX, open to suggestions on what to power it with. I will also be upgrading my Alt and doing the Big 3.

Pics

The Car:

33upjjt.jpg

51ugwh.jpg

Now, my ideal goal is to get a double din screen. But given my car, to me it doesnt look like it would work. So im posting this part to gain feedback on what some of you think. The way the dash trim is, it looks like if putting a Double din in there, it would prevent the trim from snapping in all the way to being flush.

2s8kbqg.jpg

Please feel free to throw out suggestions, ideas and what not, Im looking for any way to make it look better, clean it up and so on.

Sounds like you have some solid plans. A DD would be tough in that car since the stock opening on those GMs is a Din and a half. I suppose with some fiberglass work on the trim you could make it work, but it depends on if you have enough room for the DD in your stock opening since its a little taller than your stock HU.

Sounds like you have some solid plans. A DD would be tough in that car since the stock opening on those GMs is a Din and a half. I suppose with some fiberglass work on the trim you could make it work, but it depends on if you have enough room for the DD in your stock opening since its a little taller than your stock HU.
Thats what I was thinking...Basically just wanted to hear from some one else so I knew I wasnt crazy:laugh:

Ill most likely end up going with a 9887 as my choice.

Tried doing some work tonight in this bitter sub zero weather.

Bumped my head on a plastic trim piece in the back seat, plastic broke into 3 pieces like glass:crap:

Anyways, onto pics of what little I accomplished tonight.

x1f2vb.jpg

14jstqh.jpg

1418spc.jpg

Nothing major, but its a start.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

tEh koRnDog

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
tEh koRnDog
Buffalo, NY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date