** 900RR + aluminum = Tricycle **

skeptikal
Premium Member

Hold the wheel and drive
Indiana, US
Well in the other thread that I almost jacked I mentioned a tri-cycle that will do 150 mph all day long. i snapped some pictures at work yesterday so you can see what i'm talking about.

It's got a wood frame right now because we are laying out how we want the aluminum to bend. It's been in that state for like a month due to low funding. We figure around $1,500 more in parts (need a front suspension, wheels, and aluminum (which we have on tap at work just gotta pay for it))

Here's Pics!

picture0029ri.jpg

picture0016jd.jpg

picture0039ki.jpg

10012332id.jpg

lol. I dont expect it being done anytime soon. It's gotta be done by June, before our boss throws it out.

It will be done by teh summer.

trying to keep the total project ~$4,000. Gonna resell it for $5,500. Our boss said he would buy it if we could actually make it work ;P. Gonna be fun times. Right now the 900 doesnt even turn on :p

looking good skep...BTW, whats up with this weekend? i never got a call //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

lol me and my buddy kinda got that feeling to, but this thing will be one of a kind and made by us so it makes it that much more interesting ;P

this project was put on hold for almost 6 months to get the thermodyne inventory system, the polar king tracking system, and the AHI robots done. CHECK OUT http://WWW.VPTAG.COM to see what i mean.

but there is a change of plans...

instead of being all aluminum this thing is going to be basically made of a steal roll cage (think of a dune buggy with 3 wheels). Aluminum is retarded expensive for this project and this thing would end up costing 3x as much as it would this way, so we are using 1/8" thick wall steel tubing.

pics will be up tomorrow, i cant believe this thing is actualy getting built lol. i'll take pictures of the robots (they are next to the trike). w00t w00t get hype!

OH! and I forgot about our 9' long table saw in the polar king shop that i can use whenever i want. I'm gonna snap some pictures of the shop, its a fiberglasser's heaven.... pics of everythign up tomorrow.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.