now were talkin,,,, V8 in a Prelude

wow definently not worth it considering the car still wont be all that fast considering the weight. that was the main reason preludes never really did amazing in the sports car world was because the chassis is insanley heavy. however great work on the custom factor.

when I was a kid I was involved with a v8 in a 944 Porche....

It was very fast but killed the drivetrain...Trust me ,that Prelude will smoke the hides

my favorite swap was a TT 3.0Litre supra engine into a 93' RX-7. dat was sexy:D. again though, why put a v8 into a prelude that's way to much work, effort and weight with such little outcome. if he wanted a big gain i would have thought like a medium sized 6 banger with a turbo.

There used to be a company in Florida, that built what they called the "New Scarab"... aluminum-block small-block Chevy in a 240z or 260Z. Most of them had modified Jag or Corvette IRS center-sections transplanted into the rear (stronger gears), and had Borg-Warner 5-speeds.

A good one of those, with a 377 small block and Webers, could easily do 11 second quarter miles... and STILL burn up the corners. One of those came dang close to setting the lap record at Roebling Road (Savannah GA) back in the '80s...

Regards,

Gordon.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.