80prs network mode

Participant count
  • Participant list
Is it possible that I have blown something in the head unit to do with the whole crossover thing, I even took it to my local shop and had them listen to it, he said it sounded terrible, he told me to change the head unit.

Tweeters sound raspy and hollow, when crossed at 2.5k or 3.15k. Right now I have them crossed at 6.3k and mid at 5k, or maybe the tweets should never be that low, idk.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

If you intend to keep the speakers and OEM amp, what's the issue? Did you get the correct harness specific to your equipment needs to wire...
"I don't have any crossovers" You'll need one to filter out the low frequencies leading to your sub woofer. They'll produce no sound then...
Yes, they are painted. The cover is very easy to take off and repaint to whatever color of choice to match the install.
As title. Once i get to about 4/5 max volume my JL HD600/4 amp goes into protection mode on 2 channels, powering my mids. The other 2 channels...

About this thread

awdtalon21

awdtalon21
United States
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
awdtalon21