8" that can take crazy abuse

i am using 3 hds208's off roughly the same power

they work great

006_zpswlsypkhb.jpg

019_zpsqbpkgakh.jpg

Yup, and i'd take a larger cone area with less excursion over a smaller cone that trys to make up for it with huge excursion.
You take the most displacement you can get in the space you want to give up. That's how my 8 can meter higher lower than a pair of cheap 12s

I'm not saying that more displacement isn't better, but that getting it with a larger cone is easier, cheaper, and can be more reliable that attempting to get it with excursion alone.

An 8 inch driver with 16mm xmax gets 1037.7cc of displacement and a 12 driver with half the excursion still has more displacement with 1167.5cc.

All I'm tring to say is that the op shouldn't be trying to find a monster 8 if he can fit a 12, and the shallow 12 that I linked to should fit.

Now if he can fit a ported box for say Sundown's 6.5 sub firing out vs the 12 firing up, then i'll change my stance because of the port.

I'm not saying that more displacement isn't better, but that getting it with a larger cone is easier, cheaper, and can be more reliable that attempting to get it with excursion alone.
An 8 inch driver with 16mm xmax gets 1037.7cc of displacement and a 12 driver with half the excursion still has more displacement with 1167.5cc.

All I'm tring to say is that the op shouldn't be trying to find a monster 8 if he can fit a 12, and the shallow 12 that I linked to should fit.

Now if he can fit a ported box for say Sundown's 6.5 sub firing out vs the 12 firing up, then i'll change my stance because of the port.
You're missing the point. I don't have room to mount something with a larger diameter...

Otherwise I'd be going for more cone area for sure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.