8" subs in doors??? good idea or not

yea my car comes with a pair of 8's and the mid range is awesome, it sounds amazing when my lows and mids hit at different times, like in rap when the have diffrent ranges in a heavy bass part, my speakrs and subs can hit them all

Subwoofers usually have a low Q (below .5) and big mounting depths...

The former will cause output issues (quick roll off) and overall poor response IB in doors, the latter is obvious...

I suggest spending that money on a quality 8 inch midbass...of course you would have to go three way unless you pair up a good 8 that can play high (1-1.5khz) and a tweeter that can play that low...

My car has them stock, sounds good, but need some bass coming from the back also.
Uh sub bass should be non directional and it should be "up front" for a properly setup sub.

im actually going to use re8s now instead of tang bands
Might be alright. I am going to be doing something similar as far as subs, but not in the front, and they will be in enclosures.

im actually going to use re8s now instead of tang bands
You are going to be missing a lot of information if you run subwoofers and tweeters...8 inch subwoofers could AT THE MOST reach 1khz while most tweeters are crossed no lower than 2khz...
Not to mention you will have some severe beaming with 8s (AKA horrible off axis response) which will really limit their usability to ~500hz for midbass...

I suggest you do a lot more research...there are a few options for you if you really want 8s: Horns or 3 way with midbass, midrange, and tweeter....

Be sure to make the mounting baffle SOLID and deaden the crap out of the doors. I would say go with a 3 way setup if you want to use an 8" thought mainly because of what has been mentioned before about the off axis response and all.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.