8 layer 3" coils $50

Would either fit in a Eclipse TC9 motor? What kind of power handling can these coils thermally take? I know soft parts come into play as well, and lastly, is this more of a SPL coil or daily? Forgive my newbness please, I'm new to building subs lol

yes the 3.25 o.d. coil will fit any tc-9 gap as far as I know. The 3.3 o.d. coil will fit certain tc-9 motors and 3hp motors. Either coil will be good for up to 3k rms depending on application. SPL or daily also depends more on the app, like spider pack and motor gap. I use these coils mainly for building daily subs with high output.

yes the 3.25 o.d. coil will fit any tc-9 gap as far as I know. The 3.3 o.d. coil will fit certain tc-9 motors and 3hp motors. Either coil will be good for up to 3k rms depending on application. SPL or daily also depends more on the app, like spider pack and motor gap. I use these coils mainly for building daily subs with high output.

Mmmm how do I know which TC9 I have?

View attachment 26544826View attachment 26544827
3.25" 2.25" WW, 8 layer d.7's with 5.5" formers and

3.3" 2.5" WW, 8 layer d 1.1's with 5.5" formers

new $50 each plus shipping, I have about 12 of each.
Would you happen to know if one of these will fit a JL 12W7? They list a 3" coil with a 2.8" winding height. I know the gap on the W7 motors are pretty tight so I'm not sure if an 8 layer would fit... just wondering if you had any idea?

Would you happen to know if one of these will fit a JL 12W7? They list a 3" coil with a 2.8" winding height. I know the gap on the W7 motors are pretty tight so I'm not sure if an 8 layer would fit... just wondering if you had any idea?
I doubt any 8 layer will fit a W7, they come standard with 2 layer coils.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.