71 Bug - Sealed Enclosure

Participant count
  • Participant list

Savackz

CarAudio.com Elite
GA
Buddy of mine has a 1971 bug and wants a single 12 sealed. He doesn't have much money to play around with, maybe like 350. That includes amp and pair of speakers, sub and wiring kit. I was tihnking that I could get a 5 channel amplifier, like a pp 200.5. Someone mentioned a dayton audio subwoofer that is 350rms and around 110 dollars, but I cant find it. ANyone else have suggestions for subs and / or speakers/amp?

Its a bug all you need is a front stage.

Get a ppi 900.4 and run channels 1&2 for a component set

And 3&4 bridges for a sub. Thats probably as cheap as its going to get and youll still need To up your budget for the comp set and wore kit.

900.4=$210

sundown ev2 12D2=$120

Kunkoncepts 4gauge cca Amp kits=$35

$365 still need to buy a comp set

honestly you could get away with pretty much any entry level 12" sub. no need to spend that much for a sundown or nothing. For 350 you can get him some decent bump in that older car

Because I can get the wiring for cheap if I do it myself, because the battery and amplifier are both in the back. And I was thinking like a ppi 2200.5 so I could use two spekaer at 4 ohm for 90w a piece and then the fifth port for the sub with 380 watts at 4 ohms with this sub

Dayton Audio DVC310-88 12" DVC Series Subwoofer Don't know exact budget so that budget was just a guess.

you don't need a 5 channel though all you need is a 4 channel with a bridgeable pair. the ppi 900.4 does 450@4 bridged and 145@4ohms per channel its a tiny powerhouse amp. definitely bang for buck

I might just do a custom kit on like knukoncepts since he only needs like 6 feet of power wire and I already have some things. What would be a nice set of comps for him? And what sub also? I was thinking Dayton since its a home theater sub but I don't know many subs that prefer sealed except them and TC sounds.

I am not sure. This is for a friend so. I think coaxials should work to be honest. Or maybe some pro audios. Also thought about doing a center console.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.