6x9 subwoofers

Izzo

Im looking for a 6x9 to meet or exceed these specs. The application is for am2004 Civic ex coupe. I'm open to other ideas. Ideally I wanna pair of 6x9 subs to take care of the low end, and I have a pair of focal components that will Handel the rest. My 6x9 subs should never get any higher than 100Hz because my focal 6.5 and super tweeters will do the rest. Once again I'm open to any suggestion. I'm a single dad so price dose matter, at the same time I am willing to pay for top tier equipment, and I don't mind used obviously.

This is kind of my starting point hopefully someone can beat specs.

Oh and to me SQ is more important than boom, assume I have an adequate amp.

Sensitivity ≥87db

FS ≤35

Impedance ≤4 ohms

Voice Coil Diameter ≤1"

Xmas ≥7.3mm

Power Handling (RMS) 100 watts

[quote name='Izzo']Im looking for a 6x9 to meet or exceed these specs. The application is for am2004 Civic ex coupe. I'm open to other ideas. Ideally I wanna pair of 6x9 subs to take care of the low end, and I have a pair of focal components that will Handel the rest. My 6x9 subs should never get any higher than 100Hz because my focal 6.5 and super tweeters will do the rest. Once again I'm open to any suggestion. I'm a single dad so price dose matter, at the same time I am willing to pay for top tier equipment, and I don't mind used obviously.

Sensitivity ≥87db
FS ≤35
Impedance ≤4 ohms
Voice Coil Diameter ≤1"
Xmas ≥7.3mm
Power Handling (RMS) 100 watts[/QUOTE]

Yup thats the one to buy

Tang Band W69-1042J 6"x9" Subwoofer

Got output close to a 12 in a sealed box on 500 watts rms. with just a sony mex 100bt powering them on the rear deck with rear bass enhancer mode turned on. about 40 watts to each and they played pretty well. They arent that loud under 35hz though but thats expected of any infinite baffle 6x9 setup. However they do very well 35hz to 120hz

if you got money to blow

http://www.woofersetc.com/p-9874-hd...L47eFwGUCgaFX9TsYwheYIEzO_MDLUqTqAaAlCH8P8HAQ
@trumpet might be able to get you a better deal on those cdt subs.

[quote name='Izzo']Im looking for a 6x9 to meet or exceed these specs. The application is for am2004 Civic ex coupe. I'm open to other ideas. Ideally I wanna pair of 6x9 subs to take care of the low end, and I have a pair of focal components that will Handel the rest. My 6x9 subs should never get any higher than 100Hz because my focal 6.5 and super tweeters will do the rest. Once again I'm open to any suggestion. I'm a single dad so price dose matter, at the same time I am willing to pay for top tier equipment, and I don't mind used obviously.

Sensitivity ≥87db
FS ≤35
Impedance ≤4 ohms
Voice Coil Diameter ≤1"
Xmas ≥7.3mm
Power Handling (RMS) 100 watts[/QUOTE]

This is it. CDT Audio ES-690CFS Gold

Technical specs and contents:

Frequency response 30Hz-3500Hz
Power handling: 180W
Nominal Impedance 4 Ohm (2 Ohm available)
Sensitivity: 86.1dB
free air use mounted in rear deck, large door or panel
Mounting depth: 2.87”
Cone: Mix carbon/fiber glass cone
Magnet weight 27 Oz
Cone surround rubber
Voice coil: 1.4”

@Jeffdachef; Thank you for the mention.

So who has used which? I'd like to have a pair for a rainy day
I like the tangbands but they do better for rock, old school rap, metal, pop, edm, reggae and trance. Mainly strong 40hz to midbass region. Not that great for low lows with rap if you are used to heavy authority down low.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.