6x9 speaker help

Participant count
  • Participant list
there's an aux connection in the rear of the head unit. but to be honest, just give up the aux completely, its sh*t compared to bluetooth on an aftermarket head unit and you can connect multiple phones to the bluetooth as well and seemlessly switch over whenever you want so yeah aux is obsolete.
I agree that normally I would give up on aux however I use an LGV30 which has a pretty good DAC. But in order to use the quad DAC, music needs to be played via aux

Interesting...so how much would this cost me overall? Also, to me the stock camry speakers are absolute **** even compared to my honda accord 2004 stock speakers. Could it be that the head unit is so bad that the speakers are not being fully utilized?
after u get hu with xover and maybe a 500rms mono amp and 12" sub if u still hate speakers u can get some but the sub and hp xover will work wonders.. u can get a nice jbl gtx 500 amp for $100 or pioneer 8601 (one of the guys here test amps on his youtube page and those budget amps did more power than rated at) and a 12" sub $60-$150 + sealed box $50 (we mostly use ported which is more difficult to get into, unless u want tons of bass it's not needed)..

I agree that normally I would give up on aux however I use an LGV30 which has a pretty good DAC. But in order to use the quad DAC, music needs to be played via aux

I had a v30, the DAC does more damage than fix, I actually got way better sound quality from bluetooth than with aux plugged in with the 32 bit dac turned on. Aux is the lowest form of audio connection next to fm radio. Whatever gains you think you'll get from the 32 bit dac is negligible due to the analogue signal vs a digital signal via bluetooth winch is superior because it goes through the head unit's dac without extra filtering that messes up the sound spectrum.

In the car audio world everything is different when you start going aftermarket gear. The DAC inside the phone is peanuts compared to a real dac from a head unit. That 32 bit dac is just an overall EQ boost more than anything, its a quick way to kill speakers when you have more power running to them. The v30's dac only works when you have a sh*tty stock head unit that has a crappy 12-16 bit dac that would actually benefit from it. It was mainly made for headphones and cheapo bluetooth speakers and stock car systems with zero means of SQ tuning. Again, you are moving from a stock head unit to a real aftermarket head unit, its a whole new playground that you are not familiar with. You will have a 13 band EQ to play with and time alignment capabilities as well with the aftermarket head unit. that does 10000000x more to your sound quality than a sh*tty phone dac. Just take your time and tune the head unit properly.

I had a v30, the DAC does more damage than fix, I actually got way better sound quality from bluetooth than with aux plugged in with the 32 bit dac turned on. Aux is the lowest form of audio connection next to fm radio. Whatever gains you think you'll get from the 32 bit dac is negligible due to the analogue signal vs a digital signal via bluetooth winch is superior because it goes through the head unit's dac without extra filtering that messes up the sound spectrum.
In the car audio world everything is different when you start going aftermarket gear. The DAC inside the phone is peanuts compared to a real dac from a head unit. That 32 bit dac is just an overall EQ boost more than anything, its a quick way to kill speakers when you have more power running to them. The v30's dac only works when you have a sh*tty stock head unit that has a crappy 12-16 bit dac that would actually benefit from it. It was mainly made for headphones and cheapo bluetooth speakers and stock car systems with zero means of SQ tuning. Again, you are moving from a stock head unit to a real aftermarket head unit, its a whole new playground that you are not familiar with. You will have a 13 band EQ to play with and time alignment capabilities as well with the aftermarket head unit. that does 10000000x more to your sound quality than a sh*tty phone dac. Just take your time and tune the head unit properly.
I see, that makes sense. I was always under the impression that streaming audio over bluetooth was worse, because it gets compressed. I ended up purchasing the Pioneer MVH-200EX, and it should be coming in within a couple days. Thanks for your help! I'm excited to see the difference it'll make.

I see, that makes sense. I was always under the impression that streaming audio over bluetooth was worse, because it gets compressed. I ended up purchasing the Pioneer MVH-200EX, and it should be coming in within a couple days. Thanks for your help! I'm excited to see the difference it'll make.
it only gets compressed from low end bluetooth version 1 or 2. Most head units nowadays feature bluetooth version 3.0 or higher, some have aptx. Most of the times your bluetooth will sound better than aux.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.