6x9 component advice?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/greedy.gif.5a53e6246569d7ab79867170f3b06629.gif

If I was rich I be rolling with some rediculous **** like that lol. Jesus my sub amp could power those.

The solution is to mate the 6x9 with a small midrange driver. Along with the proper crossover points and slopes this gets the 6x9 playing a limited bandwidth in which beaming isn't an issue. This is the same approach as with any other midbass driver. There's no debating this, it's science.
Why spend money on a set of 6x9 components AND an extra midrange if you can simply buy a 6.5 inch component set for the front doors? Am i missing something here?

Why spend money on a set of 6x9 components AND an extra midrange if you can simply buy a 6.5 inch component set for the front doors? Am i missing something here?
It depends on the situation, and what kind of setup your vehicle has. If you have slots for 6x9 speakers, and you don't want to do the extra work of cutting metal and making a bracket for 6.5s then 6x9s is the way to go. People have argued the sound on a 6.5 is better than a 6x9 and if you want similar sound you should pair the 6x9 with a good midrange. It is all relative though. As far is one way being cheaper than another, I'm not so sure about that, there are quality speakers for every budget.

My 6x9s were a budget purchase, but they have amazing SQ.

It depends on the situation, and what kind of setup your vehicle has. If you have slots for 6x9 speakers, and you don't want to do the extra work of cutting metal and making a bracket for 6.5s then 6x9s is the way to go. People have argued the sound on a 6.5 is better than a 6x9 and if you want similar sound you should pair the 6x9 with a good midrange. It is all relative though. As far is one way being cheaper than another, I'm not so sure about that, there are quality speakers for every budget.
My 6x9s were a budget purchase, but they have amazing SQ.
There is no need to cut or fabricate anything with adapters.

All components ive bought come with adapters so you can easily fit a 6.5 woofer in a 6x9 slot with the included adapter. No need to cut or fabricate anything at all. Matter of fact i bought some new Alpine Type R coaxials the other day and in the box were multiple adapters and these were not even expensive speakers.
Thats true there are ones that come with adapters to fit different slots. I myself have always had vehicles with 6x9 speakers, I've kinda grown partial to them over the years.

if you get a good set of 6x9 components there's no reason for a separate midrange. the ID xs69 is one of the best sounding 6x9 comp set that I've heard in a long time. no reason at all to add another speaker to fill in a missing spectrum because there will be no missing spectrum.

if you get a good set of 6x9 components there's no reason for a separate midrange. the ID xs69 is one of the best sounding 6x9 comp set that I've heard in a long time. no reason at all to add another speaker to fill in a missing spectrum because there will be no missing spectrum.
Yes, the frequency response is covered with a 2-way 6x9 set. For those looking for a step up the option is there for a 3-way. If you're referring to my posts in the thread, I was specifically talking about beaming, which is a real phenomenon with all sizes of drivers. The casual listener or someone who has never heard a well-implemented 3-way set will not know what this sounds like. Most people don't care. For the price of the XS69 set I can do a 3-way set that doesn't require cutting a hole to mount the midrange.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.