!

Participant count
  • Participant list
I'd say get rid of the alpine out of the system, run active networks on the pioneer pet the ts 1200x4 to the tweeters and get two dedicated HD 3000-5000 for the mids.   If you arent getting loud with your current setup, something is definitely wrong with the tuning. A speaker swap wont help at all. 

Hows the electrical?  Hows the install looking? acoustical treatments?  Tuning on the amps? 

@Jeffdachef cool I was actually hoping you’d reply lol. I mean all in all it’s decently loud and clear. Maybe I’m just over thinking it too much. My electrical is fine and even without the big 3 surprisingly I’m having no issues with light dimming etc. the car I have this all in is a 2010 Honda Accord sedan. I actually had the install and wiring etc fixed almost completely, because the first guy I went to was cheap. So now my system is a lot better and I’m somewhat content with it but just itching to be louder. I watched the installer the whole time as he tuned the system and there was a night and day difference. Also I’ve seen people talk about how bad the Alpine G320 is but what exactly is so bad about it? That thing is golden here in Hawaii and goes up to $1500 for one on OfferUp.
just because its an antique doesnt mean its good, the pioneer head unit you have is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more advanced in every way. I'd sell that alpine to get money to get more power. Plus the more things in your signal chain, the more chance of noise and preamp distortion.

Also your volts not dropping means you are pretty much undergained on the amps by quite a bit especially if you are in a stock electrical system. 

pretty much all comes down to your tuning and how you set the gains, crossovers ETC.. How do you even have the crossovers setup on the head unit? Is it even in active mode? 

@Jeffdachef I’d have to check my amps later. Thanks for the help. I’m in process of getting better quality mids and tweeters because these pioneers aren’t that amazing. If I sell the Alpine I could get probably get 7-800 at the least. So I Ig was running 12 - 8” midrange speakers that are 350RMS would 2 Taramps 2000x4 be enough? All the local bass head shops have recommended me that type of set up?
again its not amazing because you dont know how to tune properly. You can polish the most garbage pieces of sh*ts into something presentable with the right tuning knowledge.  You didnt even answer me when I asked if you went active networks on your head unit which means you havent done single thing with the tuning yet. You'll have sh*t results with any speaker you use. Right now your main focus is to learn how to use your head unit properly to the fullest capability. Your priority goal over ANYTHING else is to raise your knowledge before you throw needless amounts of money down the drain.  You cannot blame the equipment when you never even used it properly.

you also didnt respond to what acoustical treatments you've done means you haven't done sh*t.... That makes a huge difference in how the mid sounds and performs.

focus more on the right pathways to SPL and SQ rather than the " oh fk lets change my speakers out like underwear" noob approach which leads you to absolutely nowhere.

I am a noob lol. Which is why I’m looking for someone to point me in right direction if you’d be so kind as to :)  and what are the right pathways regarding SPL and SQ? I just need to be pointed in the right direction. Guys in Hawaii aren’t very specific or meticulous and privy to giving out the small details like these when it comes to Car Audio. Which is why I’m on this forum brother lol.
everything i already said earlier. acoustical treatments. Active network crossovers (reset your pioneer to factory settings, choose network mode)

@Jeffdachef Just googled Acoustical treatment and I guess it’s sound deadening? Or is that wrong lol? If that’s the case I didn’t do that because a lot of people locally were telling me I don’t need to. Like I said, I’m new and impressionable. But if that makes a difference I can do that to, no problem.
dont talk to the locals ever again... LOL

Noted. Only one person recommended deadening and said it raises your dB level by 1-3? What material do you recommend? 
its not a matter of raising your db levels, its lowering resonance in the panels and absorbing the rear waves for mids  which gives you deeper midrange tones and more midbass, cleans up the muddiness or tinny sounds from mids. AKA a lot cleaner more pleasant sounding mids which you can crank the volume up higher without it sounding like complete sh*t which = volume gain.  You want to coat your plastic door panel and the sheet metal on your doors. 

I just linked this thread, read through the whole thing.  First priority is running active and tuning your system. Thats legit 1# top of the list right now for you. 

t

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

John Doe

CarAudio.com Regular
John Doe
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Jeffdachef