600w to 1200 rms sub

towncarblue
10+ year member

bx
i recently broke my re audio sub SE12 D2 @ 600w rms ,on my way home from costco, bought too much. its really old anyway.i have a kicker amp that does 650w rms @ 4-ohm and 1300 rms @ 2-ohm {its on the data sheet that came with it}.

i have a nissan pathfider , the sub sounded great. i recently bought a honda accord sedan I4 2007

and im gonna use it for the summer { cheaper on gas }. i posted both 4-ohm and 2-ohm options because i dont know how much of a difference it will make now that i have a trunk to deal with,

{ i definitively know that there will be a difference }. i like a deep tone and vibration.

I COMPLETELY DESPISE THE BOOMY NOISE { THE TYPE OF NOISE YOU HEAR FROM A PORTED BOX } and i dont wanna use too much space in my trunk, sealed performance only.

Number of subs preferred: 1

Size preferred (if configuration allows): 12-15

Budget: $220

Power to be used (which amp(s), include which resistance): 650w rms @ 4-ohm or 1300 rms @ 2-ohm

Space available (take measurements, do not guess): 1 cu.ft. sealed

Goals: something at least as good as my OLD re audio sub

Listening habits: hip hop , rap , katty perry ,lmfao...

Preferred brands/subs/whatever: i love my re audio sub but they changed owneres or where they make make em and their quality is not as good as before.

so far i found this Mag v3 12″ Subwoofer | Stereo Integrity

please help me pick out the best sub i can get at my $220 price range

TO - mylows10

ive read a decent amount of good things so far online .

what are the specs ??? i cant find them anywhere.

i recently broke my re audio sub SE12 D2 @ 600w rms ,on my way home from costco, bought too much. its really old anyway.i have a kicker amp that does 650w rms @ 4-ohm and 1300 rms @ 2-ohm {its on the data sheet that came with it}.i have a nissan pathfider , the sub sounded great. i recently bought a honda accord sedan I4 2007

and im gonna use it for the summer { cheaper on gas }. i posted both 4-ohm and 2-ohm options because i dont know how much of a difference it will make now that i have a trunk to deal with,

{ i definitively know that there will be a difference }. i like a deep tone and vibration.

I COMPLETELY DESPISE THE BOOMY NOISE { THE TYPE OF NOISE YOU HEAR FROM A PORTED BOX } and i dont wanna use too much space in my trunk, sealed performance only.

Number of subs preferred: 1

Size preferred (if configuration allows): 12-15

Budget: $220

Power to be used (which amp(s), include which resistance): 650w rms @ 4-ohm or 1300 rms @ 2-ohm

Space available (take measurements, do not guess): 1 cu.ft. sealed

Goals: something at least as good as my OLD re audio sub

Listening habits: hip hop , rap , katty perry ,lmfao...

Preferred brands/subs/whatever: i love my re audio sub but they changed owneres or where they make make em and their quality is not as good as before.

so far i found this Mag v3 12″ Subwoofer | Stereo Integrity

please help me pick out the best sub i can get at my $220 price range
Deep vibrations is from a properly made custom ported box tunes low. The boom misconception is from all the people buying garbage prefab ported boxes. There is a night and day difference from a properly made ported and a chinese assembled ebay/amazon special.

i only DO custom boxes. i use re audio box calculator to make the boxes up to spec. 3/4 mdf from home depot all the time

i had a re sx 12 { not too sure bout the name... its the 1,000 rms one } in a ported L-box built to their specs.

did not like it , switched over to 2 re se12 in sealed box . incredible on the pathfinder. would do two subs instead of again but then i lose alot of trunk space.

TO- thatchevyguy ... what were you gonna say { instead of "nvmd" }

sealed box specs in cu.ftwhat is a better /accurate sub box calculator....????
Torres box calculator. RE calculator is garbage. Also you need to model out the enclosure specs with WINisd to see how the subwoofer will respond it its enclosure and map out a flat accurate response.

Man...what's with these o/s SE series dying.???

Think ya'll are overpowering them/expecting too much outta them. Mine are still going strong.

Side note: They don't like to be tuned too low. But really doesn't matter in this situation.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.