600hp Evo vs 600hp Cobra, who would win?

Evo 8 - 3263 lbs dry weightSVT Mustang Cobra - 3665 lbs dry weight

The Mustang Cobra weighs 12.32% more in stock form, which is a large difference ...
1.why so heavy?

2.Where are theses sources from?

3.What does the stock GT weigh then?

I dont ask to question you, I ask so in case I need to use you as a reference in the future, I won't have to second guess

so what made the cobra weigh so much?
The IRS and the blower?
Iron block instead of alum., blower and intercooler, the entire driveline is beefier, and I think the IRS is a little heavier not sure though.

who gives a fuk, a win is a win and a loss is a loss!!!!!!! accept it or go home!
EVO > Cobra
I don't follow imports much, but I've seen the EVO stock at mid 13's, and the Cobra at high 12's. Once you start modifying, anything is possable, and both these vehicles are mod happy.

Speed aside, looks are a big deciding factor for me on what car I'd like better.

Cobra = //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

Evo, a freakin 4 door, riced out, compact car = //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/sick.gif.b1847c8dabbfeeddbcf1a78052249e10.gif

I don't follow imports much, but I've seen the EVO stock at mid 13's, and the Cobra at high 12's. Once you start modifying, anything is possable, and both these vehicles are mod happy.
Speed aside, looks are a big deciding factor for me on what car I'd like better.

Cobra = //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

Evo, a freakin 4 door, riced out, compact car = //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/sick.gif.b1847c8dabbfeeddbcf1a78052249e10.gif
a stock EVO VIII can run a 13.1 if given right driver..and the Evo is not sick..

130_0503_evo_05_z.jpg
pictures are worth a thousand words..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/bowdown.gif.b85b23b82970bd22fb6b549c3392f016.gif

a stock EVO VIII can run a 13.1 if given right driver..and the Evo is not sick..
So it can still run slower than the Cobra? Great!

That thing in that pic is ****ing ugly as hell. So much ******** on it you can hardly make it out from the other thousands of riced out imports. And it's a 4 door with average lines. Pass a barf bag somebody.

awe come on people

My blood is ford blue, and I have to say that I respect the evo after riding in one.

It's surpsingly quick for a car built around handling.

(you'd never catch me driving one though - ford power)

Its funny how you guys put down jap shitters.... they use an engine thats about a half or a third the capacity but are just as fast, handle **** loads better even in standard form and in NZ evo's and gtr's do 12's with only an exhaust and a pod filter... on absolute **** tracks.

Strange thing is that the fastest track 'cars' in the world come out of japan...

Strange thing is that the fastest track 'cars' in the world come out of japan...
please elaborate on what a track car is to you. are you talking about race cars or are you talking about factory built race cars with a street version of the same car.

Its funny how you guys put down jap shitters.... they use an engine thats about a half or a third the capacity but are just as fast, handle **** loads better even in standard form and in NZ evo's and gtr's do 12's with only an exhaust and a pod filter... on absolute **** tracks.

strange...cars that were cheaper did 12's stock... and with only a pulley and exhaust, could hit 11's...(TA and cobra)

Jmac's gotcha man.....

Im sorry your alive.

Sorry i was half asleep when i wrote that....

strange...cars that were cheaper did 12's stock... and with only a pulley and exhaust, could hit 11's...(TA and cobra)
Is that right? Well i have been misinformed then. How much do TA's and cobra's cost brand new and secondhand? An evo in nz cost about $10kUS for an evo1... new ones about 30-35kus (double i think for nz).. all capable of 12's easy..

In regards to track cars, i was talking about road registered cars... once again i was half asleep when i wrote it. Not full on tubed cars or full race cars... but road cars. I.e. they have lots of 900horsepower road registered track race cars..

Yes true, porsches are pretty quick.. ive seen a few quick ones even here in nz.. Mmmm GT3's....

Ill go back to sleep now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.