6000 watt amp?

91explorerV6
10+ year member

New York
US Amps claims 3000 watts RMS 6000 Peak ? Smell like BS or is it on the level?

Heres what they say:

THE BIG DOG IS FINALLY OUT AND OFF IT'S LEASH!!!!! THIS IS BY FAR, US AMPS BIGGEST AMP IN A CLASS DE FORM IT LOOKS LIKE THE OLDER VLX-400 IN A 2000X CHASSIS!!!!!!!!! IT IS MONSTROUS AND CAN DEFINATELY DO MORE THAN 6000 WATTS.

U.S.Amps continues to push the technological envelope with the introduction of three new digital models that combine the attributes of "D" Class amplifiers with the versatility and practical fidelity usually experienced only with standard Class "AB" designs. Class "DE" operates similarly to other Class "D" circuits but uses entirely our own discrete drive circuit, not requiring the use of the standard chip sets excepted by the rest of the industry. This gives us the advantage of producing any size digital amplifier not limited to the inadequacies of the existing chip sets. So far there is a 500,1000,and now 3000 watt switching amplifier based on this method. This circuit also uses a unique type of output filter with half moon shaped ferrite cores which provide much better RF radiation specs. This bold leap forward in digital technology allows for over 90% efficiency under extreme circumstances that turn other digital amplifiers to toast. As cars become more and more energy efficient and provide less available battery power; Class "DE" represents the best power output-to-current consumption available on the market today!

I think it sounds a lil bit on the fishy side just wanted to see what yall thought

U.S. Amps will put out what they are rated and probably a little bit more. If you go look at their homepage, you will see all of the amplifier's specs.

Also, that amp will not put out 6000 watts. It will put out 3000 just like it says. The only 6000 watt rms amp that I know of the the JBL Crown.

I didnt say it would put out 6000 rms I said 6000 Peak

which is what the article I read said so you would pay 1500.00 dollars for this amp? Not that I have any intention

of buying it it was the uglyiest thing ive ever seen and I dont have that much to spend on car audio right now lol

whos gives a s h i t. after a certain point when you have to earplugs to play it that loud its just stupid. 3000 watts is bs. nobody needs that much power. get a life.

whats next? 10000 watts, give me a break. quality over quantity.

whos gives a s h i t. after a certain point when you have to earplugs to play it that loud its just stupid. 3000 watts is bs. nobody needs that much power. get a life.
Theres actually an amp that puts out over 10kw watts. I was reading it somewhere, forgot what company is coming out with it. I know the JBL 6kw amp is a true 6kw and then some.

People do need that much power, just its not for street beat. People love to compete and love to get high numbers on the meter. To you 3kw is to much, to me its just right for a good number on a meter. So people like alot of watts, so what, they love car audio, they love pouring there time and soul into the sport and let them be with there 3kw+ amps.

To the point, the us Amps, amp does put out the rated rating and then some. around a hundred or so extra watts. Its a bad ass amp if you want a bad ass system.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif Im hoping your not inferring that US Amps doesnt make quality amps.

My 2000x is rated at 2000w's and has been benched at over 3500rms. So please dont go off and say one of the BEST amp manufacturers on planet Earth is not quality.

Nobody needs a car, radio, or a computer, but most of us have them. So if you dont enjoy the small liberties we are alotted by having a country that reigns free. move to Cuba you commy.

i was inferring that the listener (non competitor) will not ever use that much power or if they do they will go deaf, so worrying if the amp really puts out 3000 rms or 2800 rms is stupid. i have no problem with someone making the product. what i meant by quality over quantity and you cannot deny this, manufacturers are right now going for the biggest largest thing out there right now because they know it will sell. id rather see a concentration on the quality rather than whos going to have the most powerful amp or the largest wattage handling sub.

ive seen your posts and you think of yourself as a mister know - it - all so my posts in this thread will end here, go ahead and have your last say but im not going to argue with a self proclaimed internet ******* errr moron errr genius.

p.s. go **** your mom's ******* for old times sake and shove that wagging finger up your ass.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif

i was inferring that the listener (non competitor) will not ever use that much power or if they do they will go deaf, so worrying if the amp really puts out 3000 rms or 2800 rms is stupid. i have no problem with someone making the product. what i meant by quality over quantity and you cannot deny this, manufacturers are right now going for the biggest largest thing out there right now because they know it will sell. id rather see a concentration on the quality rather than whos going to have the most powerful amp or the largest wattage handling sub.ive seen your posts and you think of yourself as a mister know - it - all so my posts in this thread will end here, go ahead and have your last say but im not going to argue with a self proclaimed internet ******* errr moron errr genius.

p.s. go **** your mom's ******* for old times sake and shove that wagging finger up your ass.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif
exactly who are u talking to lol

PG made a new 10k amp. Oh and you can get 6 36.1's strapped to do over 12kw if you wanted to...

U.S. Amps will put out what they are rated and probably a little bit more. If you go look at their homepage, you will see all of the amplifier's specs.
Also, that amp will not put out 6000 watts. It will put out 3000 just like it says. The only 6000 watt rms amp that I know of the the JBL Crown.
USX6000...but you NEED the current,its a a/b so itll **** your current.

US Amps put out wayy more than what they say.

Zapco 4kw will prolly do 6-8kw. I know theres 9.0's that have done 4kw before.Most do around 3kw+.

Do US Amps still have unregulated power supplies? If so you can get a high output alternator, add batteries and send 17v to the amp to get an enormous amount of power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.