$600

Get 2 RE SE's (around $175 est. or e-mail them for a price quote) each (500watts rms 1000max), and a Tsunami DB1100d amp $220 direct from their website. Then wire the subs in parallel so it makes a 1ohm impedance to get that 1100 watts so you get a little more power to the subs at about 550 watts each... and you'll be on your way!!!

My vote goes for the Kicker 12" L5's. Shipped at about $290.00 with a Fosgate 1500bd shipped at around 240.00. Both on Ebay, check em out. Let us know what you get :thumbsup

i vote for the first setup with the SE's although i dont know how u would get a hold of a tsunami amp new. JBL 1200 works great on em. L7's are good too, but dont hit the notes as tight as SE's do and need lots of room.

Any particular reason why?
Probably cost verse performance ratio. Plus, I like what I hear in them. I have been around the typical Dynaudio, Focal,Quart, Eclipse, JL, etc. Kicker's older stuff was junk in my opinion, but they've really gotten they're act together. I don't know why people rip on L7's so much; I've listened to L7's that would give you goose bumps (in a sealed enclosure) and they play loud(of course). Now I don't have the money for Focal or Dyn and I think the new reference series give the quart a run for their money. I also like Eclipse highs, but their not very efficient. So it all boils down to

1. I have listened to them and think they sound great.

2. They are very affordable compared to the other high end equip.

3. I'm not saying there isn't better cause there is. There is a lot of equipment out there that I haven't listened to and would like to so I could have more options.

If you think there are some other brands with comparable prices, let me know I would like to hear them.

I've purchased a couple things off of ebay with absolutely no problems and at a substantial discount. The people on e-bay are completely eliminating the need for overhead beyond the 3 dollars and the 5 minutes it takes to post their auction. They can also sell to a mass market. Just be sure to check out the feedback and you'll be good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

missionpilot

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
missionpilot
Gulfport, MS
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date