60 Mil Deadener Review

Participant count
  • Participant list

pieper88
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
So, I won 40 sq from Coleman in the giveaway. I've got around 175 fee of the old style in my Escape already.

Sample of the use of the old stuff

20121210_152749.jpg

CIMG0961.jpg

CIMG0873.jpg

So you can see I really enjoyed the old stuff

How did I like the new stuff? Well, Its making me wished I waited to buy ALL my deadner.

Put it to use in pretty the only sparsily deadened area of my car which was the spare tire well.

20121205_160658.jpg

All in all. I'm pretty impressed and wanted to say thanks to Coleman.

I don't see how all that deadener is unnecessary

he's trying to start an argument....secondskin says that only like 50% coverage is good enough. Any more on top of that and you're just deadening the deadener, wasting money etc..

he's trying to start an argument....secondskin says that only like 50% coverage is good enough. Any more on top of that and you're just deadening the deadener, wasting money etc..
Oh. well I didn't know that.

I thought the most important areas were just were the metal flexes. like typically the roof?

am I right?

All of that deadner is so unnecessary
Please stay out of all the threads in my section. All you ever try to is start drama and arguments. I will be deleting all the comments I see from you in the AT sections from now one.

Yes sir. He is always trying to do this with everything that I post and other post in this sections.

Oh. well I didn't know that.I thought the most important areas were just were the metal flexes. like typically the roof?

am I right?
100% coverage is not needed but by doing 100% coverage you are still going to get better results than 25-75% coverage. I would suggest starting in the center of all panels and then go from there.

Adding Mass (deadening) is different than adding strength and rigidity.. Coleman, you sir are an idiot. I guess 100% coverage... is good for him, but there are much better alternatives (that are indeed cheaper) than adding 3-4 layers to a single panel. Usually I don't deaden anything with hard angles because they are more rigid than say a large panel. We've done 1-2 layers of fiberglass on large panels (Such as the roof) to keep it from flexing completely, it works great and its cheap.

I'll start **** in the thunderdome if you want to delete critiscism. Are you and Kevin at SKAM becoming bestfriends?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

pieper88

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
pieper88
West Point, IA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date