6" or 8" midbass suggestions?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ljaquel01

CarAudio.com Newbie
New York
Planning to run two mids in each front door...
I already have a pair of 6" Neo Deaf Bonce Arnolds which are pretty loud midranges, but they don't play midbass frequencies. I'm looking for either 6" or 8" mids that stand out by their potential to play midbass. (And if possible, around the 250 watts rms @4ohm which is what matches my amp). Any suggestions?

You mean Crescendos?
I'm leaning more towards the woofer zone specially. Or at least that's what I think I should do since I already have a loudspeaker that goes flat and loud from like 300 to 7k.
What do ya think about B&C 6" or 8" woofers or the PRV 8mb700ft-nyd4??

You mean Crescendos?
I'm leaning more towards the woofer zone specially. Or at least that's what I think I should do since I already have a loudspeaker that goes flat and loud from like 300 to 7k.
What do ya think about B&C 6" or 8" woofers or the PRV 8mb700ft-nyd4??

on those
Prv’s...350 watts per speaker to get 95hz floor? Meh.

grabbed from the site specs on the crescendo pwx 8:

• Usable Freq response: 76-5100hz @ 200w

I’ll take 76hz capability at 200w...imagine if you threw em a bit more. There’s tons of YouTube videos of guys doing pwx8’s in well treated doors and they didn’t even need rear subs

on those
Prv’s...350 watts per speaker to get 95hz floor? Meh.

grabbed from the site specs on the crescendo pwx 8:

• Usable Freq response: 76-5100hz @ 200w

I’ll take 76hz capability at 200w...imagine if you threw em a bit more. There’s tons of YouTube videos of guys doing pwx8’s in well treated doors and they didn’t even need rear subs

I see what you trying to say. I'm considering them now.
My amp outputs around 316w @4ohm or 150 @8hm. These pwx's8 are rated at 200rms. Should I get the 4 ohm version or the 8 ohm version???

Also, what do you think about these on kick panels? Or that's a no and I should go on treated modified doors

I see what you trying to say. I'm considering them now.
My amp outputs around 316w @4ohm or 150 @8hm. These pwx's8 are rated at 200rms. Should I get the 4 ohm version or the 8 ohm version???

Also, what do you think about these on kick panels? Or that's a no and I should go on treated modified doors
The typical feedback Is that a kick panel will allow better control of the airspace needed for the driver but if you can somewhat control within your door environment it may not be much different.

are the power ratings accurate or do you guys feed em 200+
They do not like more than 150w rms. I haven't burnt one up, but I sure have smelt coil out of them. I also have two per channel on a taramps ds1200x4 so they get plenty of power. 100-150w rms crossed around 60hz provided your doors are somewhat sealed

They do not like more than 150w rms. I haven't burnt one up, but I sure have smelt coil out of them. I also have two per channel on a taramps ds1200x4 so they get plenty of power. 100-150w rms crossed around 60hz provided your doors are somewhat sealed
Nice, that’s exactly what I got for power and my door are somewhat leaky where the window electronics snap in. I can fee it when my arm is resting on it. I’m thinking of switching my ssa 6.5’s to these or pwx 6.5s. Are they worth the extra 30 bucks per speaker over the pwx’s?

Nice, that’s exactly what I got for power and my door are somewhat leaky where the window electronics snap in. I can fee it when my arm is resting on it. I’m thinking of switching my ssa 6.5’s to these or pwx 6.5s. Are they worth the extra 30 bucks per speaker over the pwx’s?
Haven't used the PWX's but I'd say so depending on what you want. I really would recommend you mix them with a driver that can play up to 2-3khz without breakup though. The anarchies start breaking up around 1.5khz, at least to my ear. I have 2 anarchies per door and a crescendo un6.5 in each kick panel and it balances perfectly. They aren't sensitive drivers.

Haven't used the PWX's but I'd say so depending on what you want. I really would recommend you mix them with a driver that can play up to 2-3khz without breakup though. The anarchies start breaking up around 1.5khz, at least to my ear. I have 2 anarchies per door and a crescendo un6.5 in each kick panel and it balances perfectly. They aren't sensitive drivers.
Good to know, I’m looking to keep it two way in my front stage, maybe I’ll try the pwx 6’s first

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.