6.5 midrange recs

Hope so. I'm sure I will be begging for help when I get it installed lol. Received the flutes today, haven't hooked them up, but they look/feel impressive.
ive been hesitant on pulling the trigger on the flutes as i have 2 sets of PRV pro audio style mids now and like them pretty well so far. The flutes are supposed to be smoother but dont get as loud. Please come back after getting them in and fiddled with eq-wise and tell us what you think. Im using a pair of the PRVs as replacement 6.5's in 2 Bowers and Wilkins bookshelf cabs that one of the kiddos blew the drivers on and am strongly considering getting the flutes in there instead

ive been hesitant on pulling the trigger on the flutes as i have 2 sets of PRV pro audio style mids now and like them pretty well so far. The flutes are supposed to be smoother but dont get as loud. Please come back after getting them in and fiddled with eq-wise and tell us what you think. Im using a pair of the PRVs as replacement 6.5's in 2 Bowers and Wilkins bookshelf cabs that one of the kiddos blew the drivers on and am strongly considering getting the flutes in there instead
I will, it may be a minute however. 

Oh I have read countless tuning tutorials, even got REW and a UMM1 mic. Just never had the time to pull it apart, rewire and then spend a couple days tuning. Simple as that. Also never bought a second 4ch to bridge it all active. 

But I sold that car a couple months back, so on to a new build lol
Just re-read this and had a question. So if you had gone active you would have ran 2 four channel amps, both bridged? So one on tweeters ,one on mids?

Just re-read this and had a question. So if you had gone active you would have ran 2 four channel amps, both bridged? So one on tweeters ,one on mids?
Yea, so I could send 150ish rms to each tweeter, and 250 to each mid. They were passive bridged at 4 ohms on 250 each and my amp Rockford T400-4 would overheat trying to run them and the speakers still wanted more.

Yea, so I could send 150ish rms to each tweeter, and 250 to each mid. They were passive bridged at 4 ohms on 250 each and my amp Rockford T400-4 would overheat trying to run them and the speakers still wanted more.
Right on. I bought the pioneer d8604 to try out b/c it's inexpensive so I can run the eBay alpine tweeters off it. The flutes are the 6.5 version so I assume neither amp will get a lot of gain. Thanks again

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.