6.5 midbass drivers

Participant count
  • Participant list

analogkid

Banned
n.y.
i am going to have a set of the aura tweeter rings very soon. i want to find a set of 6.5's that will compliment them. i know alot of these auras were sold so im looking for ideas as to what works with them from you guys/girls. i will be actively crossing them over so they will be tuned properly. any suggestions would be great.

How much do you have to spend? How much power are going to be running? Where will they be mounted? How high/low do you need them to extend? yadda yadda yadda....

i would say no more than 50-60 bux for the set. i dont know the rms rating of the aura tweets so i dont know how much power to use. i wanted to get something rated closely to the tweets so i can use a 4 channel amp to do the whole setup. they will be mounted in the lower front corners of the doors. and for low freq extension i would guess i need something that can go down to 90 hz or so.

i would say no more than 50-60 bux for the set.

For that price range, I would honestly say these are probably your best bet:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&PartNumber=295-362&DID=7

-or-

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&PartNumber=295-364&DID=7

-or-

If you don't need them to play above 2khz, try to find someone selling the "blow-out" Vifa PL18's...those should only run about $50 shipped if you can find them.

But, those Dayton Ref's I linked to have been getting awesome reviews by everyone, especially in the home audio market (which is the most stringent). They have been compared, sound wise, to some of the top products on the DIY home audio market.

I just bought a set of the Diamond M6 mids and x-overs to use with these exact tweets. I hope it sounds good. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

diamond m6 is good stuff. i dont know how well those crossovers will work with the tweets for you. they are set up for the mids obviously but they will be a hit or miss with the tweeters.

diamond m6 is good stuff. i dont know how well those crossovers will work with the tweets for you. they are set up for the mids obviously but they will be a hit or miss with the tweeters.

If you haven't done so, you should ask Desert if he has any Aura crossovers left. I know he was selling them along with the tweets for $58.

If you haven't done so, you should ask Desert if he has any Aura crossovers left. I know he was selling them along with the tweets for $58.
That was the first thing I did, but he has none left. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif O'well, I guess I'll see how the diamonds work.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.