Image Dynamics CD1E v1 Question

Participant count
  • Participant list

khays

I have read many posts on the forum and have a basic idea, but would like some clarification to be exact.

I have the full body CD1E v1 horns and I have read posts suggesting those are piezo drivers and I should be able to replace those for a much better driver. The CD1E is a 2 bolt and is installed in a camry. Here is a list of what I have currently.

IDQ 12 v2

IDQ 6.5 midbass

CD1E v1 Horns

phoenix gold mps2500

phoenix gold ms2125

phoenix gold mps2500

phoenix gold ax406-a

phoenix gold eq215-x

eclipse cd5000

What should the low side of the x-over be at? Right now on the ax406-a the bandpass is 80-475 which is what the IDQ 6.5's are at. The HP is 475, LP is 90 so I'm assuming the 475 is way too low for the full bodies. Someone mentioned about a passive x-over installed parallel with the horn?

01. What would be a better driver to replace the cd1e v1's?

02. Crossover slope?

03. Passive, if so what do i need to build it.

Thanks,

Kevin

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.