6) 12"s Wallled, Team GP build log

Could you PM me about your SPL windshields? I'm looking for more info on them
I'll be out for a bit, but will be on here a lot tonight because i have 2 more build logs to add.

send me the make model & year in PM and ill hit you up in a bit

Looks great!

If he decides to ditch the cap, I may be interested in buying it. I'd be using it for a different purpose in my truck.

I need a cap bank inline with my alternator sense wire

Spl windshields?
It's about an inch thick plexi

I'll be out for a bit, but will be on here a lot tonight because i have 2 more build logs to add.send me the make model & year in PM and ill hit you up in a bit
Ok, thanks, I'm actually finishing up my truck tonight!

Will send PM in a few minutes

That box doesnt look big enough for that many drivers..??
May be an optical illusion because of the wood being all double MDF, but internal after all displacements is 1.91 cubic feet per driver, external dimensions on that enclosure is 20 cubic feet

Heres shot of his doors, these were done by a local shop to him in Oklahoma right before coming here for the wall build.

2 Kicker component sets, and RF 8" subwoofers ran as midbass in the doors, I'll tell you what, the midbass, mids and highs in this sound outstanding.

for fun, we metered the doors and registered about 130db off of midbass frequencies alone.

Screenshot_2015-09-23-23-48-49_zps0wgkymuv.png

Screenshot_2015-09-23-23-48-57_zpscxadymxv.png

kicker and RF build.
I just....Such a waste of good money.
It was his brand preference, and in support of his local audio shop, just came here for the major side of the installation, and is doing good damage. Instead of suggesting him buy all different equipment, we used what he had spent a couple years saving up and acquiring and made it sound great and do numbers.

Plus, if he blows a sub, he can just give the blown one to the shop and they will hand him another one because thats what RF does.

I was more than down to get involved with this considering you never see 150+ RF setups

Looking at the big picture, a single small rear battery bank, 3,000 watts or less doing mid 150's on a fully musically tuned setup, not a burp box,

Not to shabby.

It was his brand preference, and in support of his local audio shop, just came here for the major side of the installation, and is doing good damage. Instead of suggesting him buy all different equipment, we used what he had spent a couple years saving up and acquiring and made it sound great and do numbers. Plus, if he blows a sub, he can just give the blown one to the shop and they will hand him another one because thats what RF does.

I was more than down to get involved with this considering you never see 150+ RF setups

Looking at the big picture, a single small rear battery bank, 3,000 watts or less doing mid 150's on a fully musically tuned setup, not a burp box,

Not to shabby.
I think it turned out nice. The details and the beauty accents make it stand out that much more.

Suggestion for ya: I did notice a few spacing spots in between the subs themselves. Are they gonna leave it like so or if it was me I'd take some scrap mdf primer then paint grey or whatever it was and secure them in spot. Then it would look a little better.....like those pieces belong there.

Also.....birch is lighter, but not cheaper than MDF. Could save some weight. Just sayin'.

I feel like the beauty panel part could have used some better planning/screw placement. The random screws everywhere detract from the overall clean look, IMO. Other than that, it's a really nice build! Not everyone's idea of great equipment, but as you said the owner had their reason and you made it work. I'm sure it's plenty loud! Good work.

I failed to note, the wall will be permanently mounted trimmed out flawlessly, and no screws seen, this is still under construction as he lives in another state and is staying here 2 days at a time every few weeks so this gets completed. we still have to remove the front wall to finish the flush mounted side walls ect. by the time its all said and done you wont see any blemishes/ screws ect. we are just always on a time crunch and there is so much more work to be done,

keep in mind, this is still a build log and not a completed project

Consider what you see now only 50% complete, we haven't even finished the electrical yet let along all the trimming out

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

GPcarAudio.com

Pro Seller
Supporting Vendor
GPcarAudio.com
Missouri
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date