5x7/6x8 vs 6.5 componets

Controlit

I am looking to upgrade my speakers in my 2011 super duty, but have heard many debates on using round speakers over oval.Which would be best?My goal setup is for even balance of sq vs spl.I will be doing everthing not just door speakers.Will do subs,amps, ect...If i can ever figure out what sub and where to put it.lol

I have heard some KILLER 6x9 setups in front doors not goingt o lie, BUT i like the response of a solid 6.5" driver. Find some Image dynamics CXS v1's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

it really depends on the quality of the equipment your getting and how good your install is rather than speaker size. The kicker 6 x 9s have a lot of midbass compared to a lot of other speakers but a 6.5 CDT ES 06 blows it out of the water in sound quality and loudness.

---------- Post added at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 AM ----------

but if its installed poorly, the cdt would sound crappy too.

Most of the good speakers are not available in oval shape any more. There are maybe only 2-3 interesting 6x8 component sets still available. Image Dynamics XS, JL C5, and maybe one more, and even those are leftovers from an older generation. All the good new interesting stuff was using round woofers recently.

Thanks for replies fellows, I guess it would be easiest to get ones that fit my factory spot but want the best mids as possible. I know I'm no expert but trying . Love the audio world just never had the money growing up and trying to do more now adays. Need to deaden doors ect.... But need to learn lots more then I thought the more I am on this site and seems I know more then most around me.lol

ESK 570 Hertz 5"X7" 2 WAY HI Energy Component Speakers Mids Tweeters Crossovers | eBay

top line speakers

Amazon.com: XS-57 - Image Dynamics 5"x7" 2-Way Component Speaker System: Car Electronics

boston sr80's amazing speakers

Boston Acoustics SR80 Component Systems at Onlinecarstereo.com

on closeout crazy price. will be nice easy install with the plate speakers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif amazing quality

JBL GTO8608C Component Systems at Onlinecarstereo.com

jbl has a nice setup but will have to mount tweeters

D373A Diamond Audio 5x7" 6x8" PRO Component Coaxial Speakers Convertible NEW | eBay

diamons has a convertable setup

for 200 bucks i would go with the hertz if you want under 150

i would go with boston acoustics //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif (Easiest to install without worrying about issues)

for 100 go with the jbl //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

As you've seen now, there aren't many good options for 6x8 components. We carry a good selection of CDT Audio speakers, and they have a big variety of 6.5" and 6.7" woofers. I recommend matching a 6.7" midbass with a small midrange, and I can do this with a 2" mid in a pod that you can stick to the kick panel. Then you don't have to drill into the door panel and run an extra pair of speaker wires into the doors, which can be a big hassle.

Well If I dont decide on two of the better 5x7/6x8 speakers I will go with 6.5 ish speakers.I originally knew there were a lot more options this way just wanted it to be quick and easy but at the same time willing to do work to get better sq.All I know for sure is I dont want to modify or change the look on the door panel or the outside of it anyway,so anything else is up for ideas.Price isnt a big factor for me,just want good shiz.I also can say Ive heard many different speakers before and I dont want the highs to over power everything.Iam sure with sum more researching there can be ways to eliminate this but still looking and checking.It just seems that when I was in this stuff more before that any time you wanted to crank it up the highs were way to loud and and over powered everything else,and I dont wont that.Also seems like trying to get better mid bass was impossible for me,but then again never treated doors before either.I also think that going active is probably not for me.Thanks again for everyones suggestions.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Controlit

Controlit
Central,ND
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Controlit