500amps to much

try it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
I have. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

If what you said was true there would be no reason for a battery in a vehicle.

I have. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
If what you said was true there would be no reason for a battery in a vehicle.
how the fuck would u start it???

nothing will happen... the car draws all its power from the alternator until the alternator's capacity is maxed out, then the car will draw from the battery

nothing will happen... the car draws all its power from the alternator until the alternator's capacity is maxed out, then the car will draw from the battery
You obviously know nothing about ac ripple.

But here's a challenge. Take your battery out, run it till its almost out of gas, take vids and report back. I dare you.

You obviously know nothing about ac ripple.
But here's a challenge. Take your battery out, run it till its almost out of gas, take vids and report back. I dare you.
i never recommended that you run a car without a battery... and im not doing that on my car... i was just trying to explain something

i never recommended that you run a car without a battery... and im not doing that on my car... i was just trying to explain something
But when you're wrong explaining something it doesnt do anybody any good.

It will run short term, but not until it is out of gas nor longer than just a battery.

Otherwise we could run motorcycle batteries if all they were for is starting a vehicle.

You'll need a battery because cars are made to draw power from the battery which

is filled by the alt, however that means **** in your guys argument. I'd like to see

you try this, run a 3kw system in daily set up with 3 batts of your choice and a

45amp or something, for say 5 hour drive. Or you can run the same system with a

250+ amp alt with only one battery. Now correct me if I'm wrong in this comparison,

I'd also like to note that I understand and support the idea of using both HO alt

and good batts.

Less batterys is always a good thing. I'm sure you could get a 500 amp alt in an eclipse. anything is possible. I think I'm just going to get a machman 250 amp that is a bolt in. They guy says it will cost $550 shipped to my door.

Biggest Alternator I know of is a Leece NeVille 320 amps $575 a 500 amp alternator would only fit in a suburban or a big truck pretty sure there has never been one made

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.