$500 which components?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but she's been voted hottest/sexiest woman alive by multiple publications, so I'm sure there are others who would disagree with your sentiments
Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
you know whats hot? a real woman that has a good job good morals and is a good person.

**** man i live in south louisiana the average girls look that good.. lol

Okay well $500 is seeming unrealistic, if i bump it up to 1000 for everything -what are my options. Im very close to buying some cdt 06+ (gold ed) 150 rms. Is there anything that rivals these? Someone mentioned sundown pro audio, but im trying to keep everything the same series/brand.

I dont want to pay extra for minuite sq details. My main corcern is Raw Power. I want my speakers to last for years and to scream bloody murder.

I likely could not tell the difference between a $200 speaker and a $2000 speaker at the same volume. So i want to spend just under the price point of diminishing returns.

i think you want some prosound drivers honestly..

its hard to find one that can get low in 6.5 so you might want to grab a pair of decently highend 6.5s like CDT HD 6.5s you can still cross them @ 80hz with great results(5mm xmax FS of 70hz faily low q very good sensivity) and they can handle 100 RMS.. and a pair of super tweeters.. like so

VO-B3 | DD Audio

the DD tweeters are about 80 a pop so that 160 a pair. and the CDT woofers are like 160 a pair as well.

if you do decide to get two set of each(your going to be deaf FAST) Id suggest running them active off like a sundown 100.4 they will be PLENTY LOUD.

Well the sundown speakers are alot cheaper. Are these speakers underrated? I like to crossover around 63-80htz. And to be honest im inticed by higher rms numbers.

Im going to run 4 tweets but that doesnt mean i wont dial back the gain if i need to, but this would be a good problem for me. Im replacing all speaker beside the center and sub in this setup.

Harman Kardon Mercedes GL-Class - Technical Details

You getting custom made door panels?

The sundown are probably gonna be louder but they have a fs of around 100.. Unless you want to cross that high I'd go another route..

Never messed with the sundown but I've used alot of cdt pioneer alpine helix dynaudio and dd gear over the years. So maybe someone else can give you better input.. I just suggested the cdt because they are very efficient for a decent sounding widebandwidth midrange.

/bass..

HNC 6.5 component set from B2

I currently own the CL62 CDT components and I'll be switching them out after hearing the B2 set. They sound amazing.

FS right around 60hz so they get down into the midbass very well.

i havent hear the B2 speakers but wondering about the xmax. if they only have 2mm, don't expect much lowend out of them.

The CL is CDTs entry level speakers. they are decent. i had the cl-62s with the upgraded tweeter off a pair of lunar 40x2s and they sounded aot better than any entry level speakers i hard but they are nothing like the HD or ES.

how much are the B2s? looks like they have some quality stuff honestly..

I hate it when i read a thread without an ending.

So thanks for all the advice, it helped me weigh my choices a little better.

I ended up basicly ignoring all you (any myself) and getting a CDT ES gold setup.

Came in a little over budget, but oh well.

I hate it when i read a thread without an ending. So thanks for all the advice, it helped me weigh my choices a little better.

I ended up basicly ignoring all you (any myself) and getting a CDT ES gold setup.

Came in a little over budget, but oh well.
you wont regret it.. they sond great and get plenty loud.. just give them some good clean well controlled power and they will sound great..what amp you chose?

I havent yet. I dont have enough power. Im gonna use a lrx 300.4 and a hifonics centurian x while i search. I was thinking ppi 900.4 any input?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.