5 or 6 channel amp what's good

robdwny

Hey I'm looking for a five or six channel amp for my boat. It's going to be running

4-6 1/2 speakers plus 1 or 2

10- inch subwoofers.

I have been out of car audio for a while so I don't know what is good and what is not.

This is going to be a nice system but not top-of-the-line.

Amplifiers I was looking at

Hifonics brx5016.5

Percision power ppi900.5

Kicker cx600.5

MBQuart NA540.6

I'm more worried about the overheating just looking for something to last

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That PPI line has been getting a lot of love for at least a year now, probably 2+. Especially the p1000 and the p900.4. They're accurately rated and apparently lasting a while as there have been very few reports of problems.

It's hard to go wrong with kicker. The question with them is usually about cost. $220 for PPI or $400 for about the same power from kicker. Based on the track record of the P line I don't see the point in paying the kicker premium.

I have nothing against MBQ, but you'd be giving up significant subwoofer power.

HF would be ok, but I don't think any of them are accurately rated and it's probably the most questionable quality of the 4.

I'm looking for rca inputs

Yeah the only thing I can read on the Percision power is some people are getting a hum through the speakers That's what I'm Reading bad on the amp

Yeah that's not bad at all
Also found for a few dollars more a

massive audio nx5 nano that looks nice

thats the one you should go for out of all of them.
I've owned the amp before. It's def a lot of power on tap, and in a small footprint.

That soundstream amp is not bad either

But I can get one of the massive audio NX5 for $90 more.

Do you think that's worth it

I'd get the Massive NX5 over SS....because quality looks better. But that's me and haven't seen any reviews for the SS amp anyway.

I wouldn't order from Sonic....they seem to be having customer issues and such lately.

I have the NX3, the NX5's little brother, and it's a 3 ch amp which I will be doing a small build log in my s10 soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still have that Elemental Designs Nine-5 sitting that is a great amp if interested.Pretty clean and I have a Bass knob for it from a Nine-1.Boomin_tahoe placed some pics of it a few weeks back for me on here( I thank you sir)//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.