5.25 speakers, A ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

cartier007

I have a 99 Eclipse, I want to put some good speakers in the doors. The doors have a mouting bracket that will take 5.25 speakers, just drop in style. I have a Alpine cdm-9803. SO whats a good pair of speakers to put in the doors? I like the MB Quart Discus line, what do you experts think???

thanks

Get what you like...and let no one tell you different. If you like the MB's, then go with them. But dont limit your options. Listen to as many component sets in your price range as possible and then gather a well educated decision. Personally, I would opt for components up front - but if you insist on some coaxials then get a cheap pair and run them off of your head unit. Run components off of an amp, US Acoustics seem to be popular due to the current price and quality.

- Steve

I just don't know what to do if the speakers tweet, won't fit the space and its is pressed against the door grill. I think the MBs may stick out too much. I will be running the speakers off the head unit. It only has 25RMS.

thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.