45 degree angles with aeroports?

not unless you have to. as long as you have ample space from the port mouth to the structure beyond it, no bends are needed.
hes talking in the corners.. 45s still are in the air.. some say they help, some say they don't, some say they hinder.. try it with out em but have em cut.. then put em in see if there is a change..

They help kill deadspots in the corners you could say, which is sometimes a good thing. I would use them in the back corners behind the port, and only that.

45s are also often used in port bends to maintain cross-sectional area. So your port doesnt go from 3 inches wide to 5 inches back to 3 multiple times, which obviously isnt a good thing.

They help kill deadspots in the corners you could say, which is sometimes a good thing. I would use them in the back corners behind the port, and only that.
45s are also often used in port bends to maintain cross-sectional area. So your port doesnt go from 3 inches wide to 5 inches back to 3 multiple times, which obviously isnt a good thing.
^^^ this

they're to prevent deadspots in the corners where air might get 'trapped'

but i have seen testing done where the guy went through and did all the common how to gain a db things. and one of them was 45s in the corner and which he lost a couple points of a db with them in. now i would have to search and search where i found it but im sure i could if i looked hard enough.

but i have seen testing done where the guy went through and did all the common how to gain a db things. and one of them was 45s in the corner and which he lost a couple points of a db with them in. now i would have to search and search where i found it but im sure i could if i looked hard enough.
want to say it was jacob with the nightshade in the jeep.. he also did the pvc rounded over port right? I remember that.. that why I say its all dependent.. but unless you are chasing .1s of a db its not really a big dea one way or the other

want to say it was jacob with the nightshade in the jeep.. he also did the pvc rounded over port right? I remember that.. that why I say its all dependent.. but unless you are chasing .1s of a db its not really a big dea one way or the other
i can honestly say i am almost positive it wasnt jacob. cause this guy was testing all the myths ie: sunvisor down/up, glovebox open/closed, seats all the way back/forward... etc etc. but there was some very interesting things that were tried and proven to gain a couple points of a db.

45s give you a jump in structural support I'd say on top of preventing dead airspace, not too much support but it helps.
The resonances that will affect the aeroport are not going to be controlled by 45s. However, the shape of the enclosure will control more of the peaks and nulls in the enclosure. And if one of those nulls so happens to hit the aeroport, it will do nothing but try to resonate a cancelled soundwave. If you have every heard of the golden ratio, that would be more of a concern with aeroports than 45s when dealing with sound related issues and not structural related ones.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

LowNotes

10+ year member
LowNotes
South Carolina
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from