4 tens or 2 twelves

Participant count
  • Participant list

supra1987

Senior VIP Member
I would like some opinions.Getting jumpy on building a box for the back of an 87 supra I did some math and figure I got about 4.5 to 5 cubic feet with a box size that would fit just about right without many problems.my question is what would give me more punch inside the car.don't really care about outside the car.box would be ported and would be powered by a decent 2000-2500 watt amp not sure on which one but got it narrowed down.I wouldn't mind inverting subs either if need be for 4 tens.subs would be matched to the amp give or take a few rms.thanks ahead for any ideas.

I would like some opinions.Getting jumpy on building a box for the back of an 87 supra I did some math and figure I got about 4.5 to 5 cubic feet with a box size that would fit just about right without many problems.my question is what would give me more punch inside the car.don't really care about outside the car.box would be ported and would be powered by a decent 2000-2500 watt amp not sure on which one but got it narrowed down.I wouldn't mind inverting subs either if need be for 4 tens.subs would be matched to the amp give or take a few rms.thanks ahead for any ideas.
Depends on ur budget ..i like the 4 10s idea but that involves buyimg 2 more subs...do u plan on buying the same 10s as u would 12s? any ideas of what sub u will be using?

Gonna spend same amount on either 4 tens or two twelves.probaly a little less on the twelves.I'm figuring probaly 1000 -1200 give or take for subs.so maybe mid level re sx's or sundowns or something similar to give an idea.I'm not going any more than 2000 watts that much I know.

Gonna spend same amount on either 4 tens or two twelves.probaly a little less on the twelves.I'm figuring probaly 1000 -1200 give or take for subs.so maybe mid level re sx's or sundowns or something similar to give an idea.I'm not going any more than 2000 watts that much I know.
First off man, Love that supra. Awesome cars. Secondly, looking for trunk pics, I came across this build. May give you some ideas.

Phoenix Gold Phorum • View topic - Phoenix Gold Australia 1987 Toyota Supra MK3 V8

Ok so u got a decent budget so go with 4 10s ...but the new re stuff is mehh at best ..you could do 4 of the new hds200 from soundqubed i think they are 79 bucks each 600rms each ..blow ur budget away lol ..or if u wana go up one class to the hds300 which are quite a bit nicer and look alot better for inverting they are 1200rms each and only run 139 ..you can build all this on half the budget ..just a suggestion

Thanks for the link.I'm going to be a little less enthusiastic with my build.a simple box that can be removed in a few minutes if need be.thought about something similar to those pics but decided to keep it on the easy side.
People can say what they will, but for hatchbacks like yours, I would build tubes.

Those look good for the price.I'm leaning towards 4 tens but with the cubic feet that I have I wasn't sure if it would be sufficient air space for 4 tens to get the best sound out of them where as 2 twelves would probaly be good to go.
Well either way u go those subs should work the 12s are 139 ..4 10s would be real fun if u can find a way to make it work with correct space

[quote name='supra1987']I'm thinking a ported box only because I'm pretty sure I can build one fairly easy.and me saying that is a stretch[/QUOTE]

Get @Buck; to do the design for you ..he does all mine ..will make the building easier

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

supra1987

Senior VIP Member
supra1987
rhode island
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from