4 ohms and 2 ohms from 4 channels

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mondo225

Essex
I have a 4 channel amplifier (kenwood kac-ps4d) 4x100w

my question is can I run a set of front speakers at 4 ohms which should give according to spec 100w x 2 and then give the amp channels 3/4 a 2 ohms load instead of a 4ohms load (more more power)???

In other words can I get more than 1x 200w out of channels 3&4.?

I have a 4 channel amplifier (kenwood kac-ps4d) 4x100wmy question is can I run a set of front speakers at 4 ohms which should give according to spec 100w x 2 and then give the amp channels 3/4 a 2 ohms load instead of a 4ohms load (more more power)???

In other words can I get more than 1x 200w out of channels 3&4.?
yes u can do that and will get more power at 2ohm stereo than 4ohm.. u can't bridge the 2 channels to a 2 ohm sub though (has to be 4 ohm to bridge)..

Ok great thanks. But i can have a 4ohm sub and wire that to 2ohms yes? Any clue what sort of power the amp would give then. Or would I need to measure the extra output with a muti meter or similar.?

yes u can do that and will get more power at 2ohm stereo than 4ohm.. u can't bridge the 2 channels to a 2 ohm sub though (has to be 4 ohm to bridge)..
Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

So bridging channels 3/4 doesn't give me a 4ohms output? Sry just tyying to get my head round it

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.