4 kenwood excelons vs 2 focal ps 165fx

Participant count
  • Participant list

Gitsum

hi guys. getting a new truck and its going to the shop for the goods. They want to put 2 kenwood excelon 7" components up front and coax's in the back. They also carry Focal so obviously I want them, but budget limits me. After thinking about it I could swing a pair of the ps 165fx's up front and drop the rears. would this be a good idea? Im good with a single 10". Im going to listen to them all tmrw. Been looking all around and have not seen this posted anywhere.

proposed set up is...

2013 f 150 supercab non sony

stock HU

kicker summing loc

kenwood excelon component 7" oversize front doors

kenwood excelon 6x8 coax rear doors

kenwood excelon 10"

kenwood xr900 5 ch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh No! Say it isnt so! Ok I only really have one shop around here to work with. Since the truck is so new I really dont want to do the install myself. I want it to look nice and professional. What do you reccomend I do? I am going to keep the factory HU too at least until the warranty runs out

I think you have the same audio setup I have or close enough. You don't just add amps and change speakers without a way to tune them. That is the exact opposite of what you are going for. You shouldn't have to buy from that shop for them to install it.

ok then lets say install is about a 3rd of the cost of equipment. At 2000 that leaves me about 1300 for the equipment. Can I get SQ with this budget? What would you get? I thought the Focals were really gonna be good but those alone will be half this budget. (from the shop)

ok then lets say install is about a 3rd of the cost of equipment. At 2000 that leaves me about 1300 for the equipment. Can I get SQ with this budget? What would you get? I thought the Focals were really gonna be good but those alone will be half this budget. (from the shop)
What I linked and add in enough sound deadener to seal your doors up and the cabin behind the seat.

Thanks. I like this route much better. And I can always upgrade the 2 ways later if I get the itch. now to find out about install and help tuning!

Thanks. I like this route much better. And I can always upgrade the 2 ways later if I get the itch. now to find out about install and help tuning!
You won't need or want two ways if it's instslled right.

See how far you are to pulse car audio in Maryland.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.