4 Channel Amp to Front Speakers and Sub

Participant count
  • Participant list

kswatz96

CarAudio.com Newbie
Kansas
I will be wiring a 4 channel amp to my two front speakers and bridge the other two channels to the sub. It will be a stock stereo and the amp has speaker level inputs. Is it possible to use this 4 channel amp to power the front speakers and the sub while leaving the rear speakers working normally through the stock stereo? I plan on tapping into the rear speakers for the sub, which will then mute my rear speakers and the signal will go through the sub. But is there any way to keep the rear speakers running and maybe use a y splice on the front speaker inputs so that i use the same signal for the front speakers and the subwoofer without having to touch the rear speaker wires? Or any other way? I was thinking the y splice might mess with the signal but i'm not 100% sure. Any thoughts would be helpful. Thanks.

In your description, you seem to have the correct plan for what you are seeking. I will be wiring a 4 channel amp to my two front speakers and bridge the other two channels to the sub. It will be a stock stereo and the amp has speaker level inputs. Is it possible to use this 4 channel amp to power the front speakers and the sub while leaving the rear speakers working normally through the stock stereo?
If you follow your plan, you shouldn't have any problems. Tapping into the rear speakers as your audio source for the amp, shouldn't mute them.
Maybe some other members can share their experiences.

Oh will it not? Maybe I'm thinking of it wrong. Since I will cut the rear speaker wire coming from the stock stereo, splice into it and send that signal to the amp. Then the outputs from the amp will go to the two front speakers and the subwoofer. So then theres no signal going to the 2 rear speakers anymore right?

I think I'm confused on the process of tapping into the rear speaker wire, so when tapping into it, do you use a 3 way splice so that the rear speakers are still being fed from the stock stereo and the signal is also being sent to the amplifier?

Tap like a T shape. Splice a wire onto the intact speaker wire leaving the speaker wire functional but allowing the signal to also go to the new wire to supply signal to the amp. Yes you can still have rear speakers running off the original signal and still use that signal to power a line level converter for your amp or directly to your amps hi level inputs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.