• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 4
  • Views 1K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
U

Unregistered

I Never knew how different a 4 channel is to hook up. Yes I'm a rookie. But I love this hobby. What can I say.

Anyway this SALESMAN at the car audio shop told me I need two RCA's running from the deck with a Y-adapter. Then I went to another shop (to buy a Y-adapter) and he said I only need one. ---Thats my first dumb question.

I've tried both, but receive no sound.

So I guess my second dumb question is, do I need to brige wire the subs to the amp or parallel?

If you aren't getting any sound there should be an Input switch on the amp somewhere. you will need to switch to which ever inputs you are using if only one it will probably say something like input for channels 123&4. If you use two sets it will say something like Input for channels 1&2 and 3&4.....if you use only one and your deck only has one set of rca outs on it you will lose your fader if the amp is for the mids and highs.....

I wish there was a switch to change channels on the amp - but I don't have one on this amp. Any other suggestions?

if u only have 1 sub, then u only need 1 rca. check all the settings on ur amp... gains, crossovers... and make sure ur getting power, and everything is connected right. make sure the ground is solid, and the fuse up front isnt blown.

I have TWO subs - and yes red light at amp - (all power is there). And the amp (Pyramid 4 channel 400watt) is properly grounded. My main guess is that the subs (2 8ohm MTX 4000) are not wired correctly to the amp?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.