4 ch amp only 1 speaker works WTF

Participant count
  • Participant list

99DX
10+ year member

Atlanta
I dont like being responsable for installs so i get my stuff done

this time at hifi buys or tweeter as most of you know them.

well i have a us accoustics amp 4ch 90 rms and 4 bostons 6.5s and 6x9s rs i think

only the right front works.

it will cut out sometimes

and rarely the other speakers will turn on its starting me make me crazy as he!!

Help!!!

when the others cut on if i turn the vol. up they will cut off.

if i turn it up on some songs the other working R.F. speaker will but off.

thanks 9dx

Troubleshoot!! If u know how to install systems urself it wil be a snap ,if not cruise to an audio shop and pay em'. I'd start at the head unit checking the wire harness and rca's if all looks good work to the amp, check rca's and speaker inputs if ya have another amp 2 or 4 channel ,swap connections and see if all sounds well if all speaks sound ur amps a bummer,if u have the same prob its your wiring.I had a sim prob in my previoous system where the speaker wires contacted metal and grounded out resulting in sporatic response.I know its a major PITA but its a step in the right direction.'Nother good reason to do installs urself it mkes it that much easier to diagnose and fix probs.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

i have never seen it happen, but i have heard that shorting one speaker can cause all others to cut out. some HU do this, others do not. so, your problem might be as simple as finding that one shorted wire and fixing it. then all the others might start working again.

If they all share a common ground it could be possible too that that is the cause of the problem. If you had this professionally installed already I would take it back to them and do some serious *****ing until it was done right.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.