4 18's or 2 18?

Spldecendant
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Ny
So I was just about to purchase 2 level 5 18 m2's and though about it and I can get 4 18 obsidian audio subs for cheaper...... I currently have a dc 7.5k now would the 1850w on each obsidian be to much? This is gonna be a daily setup subs facing up port back tuned 35hz in an escalade.

That's triple the rms of the obsidian..wayyy too much power for them. If you didn't have so much power I would go with the OAs. I would put 1k max to an OA sub. Great subs but they're not going to hold up very long on 1800 per sub, so I would go with something else.

That's triple the rms of the obsidian..wayyy too much power for them. If you didn't have so much power I would go with the OAs. I would put 1k max to an OA sub. Great subs but they're not going to hold up very long on 1800 per sub, so I would go with something else.
Kangaroux had an OA12 on an AQ2200 daily for quite a while... I'd be easy on the gain, and if you smell coil, readjust your settings.

Yea I'm possibly thinking 4 18 hdc3 copper coils and then add another 7.5k eventually but idk my freind has 2 dc 18 level 5 with recones with alittle of play time what should I pay he says 1100$ but I honestly don't think anymore then 800-900$?

Kangaroux had an OA12 on an AQ2200 daily for quite a while... I'd be easy on the gain, and if you smell coil, readjust your settings.
I owned a 15, and from my experience 1k would be the max. Even then you have to watch it on some songs.. it is just a 2.5" coil after all...

Yea I'm possibly thinking 4 18 hdc3 copper coils and then add another 7.5k eventually but idk my freind has 2 dc 18 level 5 with recones with alittle of play time what should I pay he says 1100$ but I honestly don't think anymore then 800-900$?
Level 5s usually go for ~400 shipped used... don't know about the m2s though. There are a lot of subs out there you could get for less than $1100 though.

unless you're wiring much lower then 1ohm you will NOT see 7.5kw out of that amp with box rise.

2 lvl5 18's could be VERY loud in the right enclosure. Did a box for a guy on my team with 2 lvl5 15's off an NS1 in a TB. Does a 53+ legal and 55.7 in the kick. Peaks at 39Hz...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Spldecendant

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
Spldecendant
Ny
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date