$350 - 500 for a "clearer" sound" How?

holcombr

2007 4runner (stock radio and no JBL)

Being over 65 years......My hearing is getting worse and when turning the radio up,m I find it just gets LOUDER not clearer.

How can I get clearer sound?

AMP Speakers new HU

I went through this same thing in the Family Room and bought everything new Nice system now.

What is available to do in my rig to get better sound

Budget is $350 - 500

Shops can be very pricy imo but what I would do since your going to get it installed is. A new head unit and front speakers with an amp to power them.

I would look to amplify all 4 factory speakers and add some deadening to the doors to help with rattles and get some better bass out of what you have. When talking amplifiers I might look at the Alpine MRX Series. You can find them online for under 200 bucks and they put out clean power, are easy on you electrical being class d. As for deadening there are lots of choices out there. I would look at Dynamat extreme, CT sounds or a Stinger product. Good luck and let us know if this helps

Thank You...............I was quoted $200 for them small Alpine 45 watt amp...........Is that suffient.
A better head unit would most likely help obtain a clearer sound as the provide more tuning capabilities. Amazon.com: Alpine CDE-143BT Advanced Bluetooth CD Receiver: Electronics

The small Alpine amp should work just fine for your application. Amazon.com: Alpine KTP-445U 4-channel Power Pack Amplifier: Electronics

You could try running the above mentioned components with your factory speakers. Should you still want to do more to improve the clarity, or just want to do it all at once and be done with it, I can recommend these speakers as well: Amazon.com: Alpine SPS-610C 6-1/2" 2-Way Type-S Series Component Car Speakers: Electronics

I am currently running 2 pair (4 all total) of those speakers on that little amp with an Alpine head unit, and it sounds fantastic. Most any other amp making the same power will require more complex wiring and take up space. This little gem can be mounted in or behind a glove box with no special wiring needed, and still make the power you want.

OK..........Alpine 445-U (plus) installed is $200

if I can get the Alpine 143BT (plus) installed for $150..........there is my budget.

I am going to talk to the Stereo shop next week

Pioneer 80prs and arc audio 6.5 fd6000 comps. Run them on headunit power and if that doesn't seem loud enough for you save for an amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.