300 watt SQ sub

Istari1
10+ year member

I think the title says it all. My current system is:

Eclipse 8445

CDT HD comps w/ upgraded x-over

Zapco 360.4 (bridged to the comps)

This setup sounds great, but it needs a bit of bass help. I got a good deal on a JBL 300 (the little brother of the 600w one). I'm not looking for earth shaking bass, just something clean and tight that fills in the lower Hz. Not looking to break the bank, maybe $350 for sub and box (10" in a small sealed box). Ideas? A buddy mentioned the Kappa Perfect VQ 10", but I read some negative things in another thread. Any good ideas? Thanks.

Woah quick replies, thanks guys. Can you give me some links on where the buy these subs and perhaps where a decent box can be found? (Yeah I know I could build one, but I dont have the patience at this time)

denim, would you consider the fi x an "sq" sub?
I have not tested that model yet, but going by his needs and what has been stated by the FI staff, the X is a decent option.

A pair of them are one of the prizes for the Holiday raffle!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.