3 shops and all had no clue what bg3 was

Hmmm....some of you fail to realize these guys have better things to do than going to CA.com and finding out what a Big 3 is or discovering brands like AQ and stuff. They have businesses to run. There are a few shops in my area and they don't know about the big 3 or internet brands. That doesn't make me any smarter than them or the other way around. If a shop has been around 10-15 years, they are doing something right and people needing work like what the OP wanted doesn't affect their business. My favorite local shop does some of the best work on this side of Carolina. I have no problem supporting them.

Ya its pretty funny how local hype goes. My town has a few small shops, all selling rockford,kicker, alpine kenwood pioneer etc.
So people hear me bumpin, ask to check it out and see my wall and have NO CLUE wtf AQ or even Visonik is. So there skeptical of it being loud I suppose or having any sort of quality. (as if the 200"+ of port doesnt give it away)

Then boom boom boom, I get cell numbers and make new friends every week lookin for advice

DO it yourself, dont pay a shop
absolutely and your avatar is amazing:eek:mg://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/toast.gif.bc0657bf54b9ee653b6438524461341e.gif

Hmmm....some of you fail to realize these guys have better things to do than going to CA.com and finding out what a Big 3 is or discovering brands like AQ and stuff. They have businesses to run. There are a few shops in my area and they don't know about the big 3 or internet brands. That doesn't make me any smarter than them or the other way around. If a shop has been around 10-15 years, they are doing something right and people needing work like what the OP wanted doesn't affect their business. My favorite local shop does some of the best work on this side of Carolina. I have no problem supporting them.
stfu noobox

I don't mind doing my own work like the next man, but when you have a high quality shop where you are good friends with the owner and you know you won't get screwed, that is no reason to not cough up a few extra bucks.

I don't mind doing my own work like the next man, but when you have a high quality shop where you are good friends with the owner and you know you won't get screwed, that is no reason to not cough up a few extra bucks.
local audio shops charge way more than a few extra bucks

well if theyre in business for 10-15 years and only worship rockford, yet i come on here and within a month have a louder system than they can come up with from from reading alot on here, i guess theyre doing something wrong.

I'am doing the work myself..one of the same shops wanted $800 to completely rip out my audio wiring redo it with 0 gauge. He said he doesnt like going over other peoples work and rather do i right. So I ordere the wire and did it myself...Imo A nproffesional should know every different aspect of there business..Im a firm believer of supportinglocals but not at that cost and questionable work either. They never heard of the internet subs that are dominating the scene just the big names.

I ran out of 1/0 terminals once and needed 4 to finish an install

My 40 from Knu were coming in in 3 days and I couldn't wait, I went to car toys and they wanted $40 bucks for 4 + tax

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

No wonder they only had 2 cars in the back gettin worked on.

Hmmm....some of you fail to realize these guys have better things to do than going to CA.com and finding out what a Big 3 is or discovering brands like AQ and stuff.
That is one reason why the industry is on a downhill slide. Go down to your local shop and 90% of them ****. You can't run a business when the majority of what you know is wrong. When you charge futuristic prices for ancient history skills and advice (if it is even right) things are bound to fail.

In spl around here Audiopipe and Earthquake is king. And they will tell you Digital Design *****. And if you go down and have an sq system put in they will charge you a fortune to tell you you want to go kicker and install it.

Edit: I've seen dealers on here cutting down the internet buyers but what do they expect when they charge $9 a foot for 0 gauge wire that is mostly insulation at your local shop?

I have no problem supporting a shop but when they charge rediculous prices its makes me take a second look. This is one reason why I usually order stuff online. I did stop by one of the shops cause I needed a set of RCAs and didnt want to wait for shipping, he cut me a fair deal for being a shop.

Its also funny when I go to car shows and I pop my trunk, usually I dont get questions, Im guessing cause they arent Pioneer or Sony subs but the people who do ask Im more then happy to tell them about my system and introduce new concepts to people. Like having a rear battery or the Big 3. Also most people are suprised when they sit in my car for just having 2 10s off my American bass sq780 right now lol (sundown is out for repair right now).

well if theyre in business for 10-15 years and only worship rockford, yet i come on here and within a month have a louder system than they can come up with from from reading alot on here, i guess theyre doing something wrong.
That and the internet wasn't competition for them 10-15 years ago. But now what they're saying isnt set in stone like it used to be. The Big 3 is way too common a term not to know in this day and age. If you're too busy to look that up and be completely up to date with your specialty then something's wrong.

local dealers sell what they can get, mostly the big names .... internet companies do not produce the quantity a big box store like best buys would require. I guess I am surprised sometimes by how little they really know, but then again the sales staff just sell the stuff and are probably not really into the hobby like most of you guys are.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.