3 DD 12's or 3 RE 12's??

lionel2
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
PA
I currently have a custom box for 3 12's with a 1700w max power amp that does 850w rms @ 2 ohms and is 2 ohm stable....what kinda subs should i get to replace my old 12's.....i really like the RE SR 12's they are 300w rms dual 4's or the dd 2512's....not sure what rms they are now...but i know they are dual 4's...i was thinking they are 750w rms...i cannot think of any other subs i like...maybe some mmats subs or something...my box is 7 cubes ported with subs facing up and port firing to the back on bottom..thanks

realize that if you get 3 DVC 4 ohm woofers that your ending load at the amp will be 2.67, therefore not getting the full 850rms... Try and find woofers that need about 200watts rms if they are dvc4.

800w x 1 @ 2.67 ohms..humm...275w rms subs....why not the RE SR 12's they are 300w rms..close enough to 275w rms...just might have to turn it up a little so they will see 300w rms each

umm yea...why dont people go off of what the man wanted to know....he wanted to know if which should he go with...DD or RE..i say DD.
because it is kind of like saying "Should I go with an HD3 or a XXX, I have 500 watts"

I'm not going to recommend either with that much power, but simply make him aware that he may want to reconsider his choices...

does DD make another series that are about 300w rms for a 12 inch sub??...like the 1012 or something....but i dont think i can wire up 3 single 4 ohm subs...gives me like a 1 ohm load or something...not able to do that....might just go with some SR12's...thanks

dual 2 would obviously get you closer, but will be kinda touch finding somthing that low powered, perhaps tc sounds, dd 500 series, the aq I mention is your best bet. The 3 aqs I think would be your best bet because thats 3 single 4ohm subs which is a 1.34 final load.

Don't make such a headache for yourself. Get 2 subs with either single-4 or dual-2 ohm voice coils so you can wire to a 2 ohm load. Pair of DD 1500 series would do quite nicely. Hell, the 500 series could probably handle that power. Any DD guys out there, chime in on this.

I currently have a custom box for 3 12's
thats why he wants 3, because he has an opening for 3, but I totally understand your view point, I want to know the size of the box as far as cubes, because you could cap one opening and get 2 12s and probably be louder because you would have more power, and the DD and AQ subs both like more power then rated for.

Well both DD and RE are equally easy to type, both having merely 2 letters. So Im gonna have to go out on a limb here and say one RE, one DD, and one Volfenhaag.

I have nothing of value to add to this thread.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

lionel2

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
lionel2
PA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date