3 12' Kicker Solo Barics

youngbg17
10+ year member

im think about running 3 12' kicker solo barics with that kole audio amp..... My question is will the kole audio 5500 watt amp do the job.... the price is kinda scaring me... give me some pointers... i will for sure be running barics in sealed box... whats a decent amp that will push them good for a decent price!!!

That amp does not put out 5000 watts. its a piece of junk, if you want cheap power that does what it is supposed to, look at the audiopipe 1500.1 or 1800.1 Also if youre trying to get loud, two of them in a properly ported box will be much louder. Getting a proper ohm load will also be near impossible with three subs.

that amp is only rated at 2500rms, and im not sure that you will get that out of it.

and also keep in mind since your looking at running 2k plus that your going to need to do some electrical work (big 3, extra/upgraded batts, and possibly a high output alternator) so if your on a budget you will want to keep that in mind.

and i agree with nate in saying that 2 subs ported will give you more than the three sealed will. but regardless make sure your giving them the airspace that they want.

that amp is only rated at 2500rms, and im not sure that you will get that out of it.
and also keep in mind since your looking at running 2k plus that your going to need to do some electrical work (big 3, extra/upgraded batts, and possibly a high output alternator) so if your on a budget you will want to keep that in mind.

and i agree with nate in saying that 2 subs ported will give you more than the three sealed will. but regardless make sure your giving them the airspace that they want.
I also agree with these and kole is junk forget about it

6 cubes is correct. But they only need 1500 for the pair not each.
Yes , but u dont wanna max ur amp out, the key to a good clean signal is to buy a bigger amp than u need and turn the gain down. About half gain on a 1500 w rms amp would be perfect for these and it will be clean very clean signal and wont work the amp much. You don't wanna max your gear out especially when running higher power loads!

Yes , but u dont wanna max ur amp out, the key to a good clean signal is to buy a bigger amp than u need and turn the gain down. About half gain on a 1500 w rms amp would be perfect for these and it will be clean very clean signal and wont work the amp much. You don't wanna max your gear out especially when running higher power loads!
If his gains are set right what's the difference? You just said the same thing I said. You said a 1500w amp and I said all they need is 1500w. Just guessing on gain is a bad idea. It should be set properly with an o-scope at the very least a DMM. just saying get a 1500w amp and turning the gain half isn't very good advice bro.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.