3 10s for a hatchback, Alpine type R or Rockford Punch P3

D0ZER

MN
I recently got a new car ('02 Audi TT) and am trying to figure out what to put in it. I currently have a Planet Audio AC2400.4 for a pair of Rockford Fosgate t2-652s and plan to add a second pair of comparable speakers at one point. On account of the of the goofy layout (25"x37x10" if you round a lot) of the trunk I think 3 10s would work best for me. So assuming I get a sealed box with about .8 ft^3 of space per compartment should I go with:

Alpine SWR-10D2 or the Rockford Fosgate P3D2--10 wired in parallel to 1.333ohms

I plan on powering it with my Hifonics HFi1500D which I assume is overrated but plan to replace it at a later time.

I mostly listen to electronica and have no real affinity to any brands

In case anyone is wondering i'll post the scale footprint of my trunk along with the height AudiTT trunk - Album on Imgur

Edit: I also have googled P3 vs Type R in a few variations and most results are not helpful and just say "mine are better"

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I do like pretending to only care about SQ (the reason I went with a sealed box) when i went from a crappy DUAL BP1204 12" BANDPASS box to a nice sealed alpine type S I really liked the quality difference. However, I missed being able to make stuff vibrate or at least feel like my seat was vibrating. Then again I feel like volume should not be the biggest of issues for 3 decent 10s.

Last edited by a moderator:
3 10s should get decently loud in a hatch, sealed or not. I think you are on the right track, doing 3 10s sealed... Would give you a good blend of output and SQ. Id personally go with the Type Rs, great subs for the money.

Those are the only ones I found people talking about. The P3 is $120 on Amazon and the type Rs are on eBay for 140 but I'd be up for using anything under $150 since spending $500 on subs may be a bit much for me.

So any suggestions on which 10 " subs I should be using?

PS I plan on replacing the planet audio stuff in the near future.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.