2x 12" maasive audio hippos or 1x hcca 12" what would you do?

ferretslim
10+ year member

Canada
i could just grab 2 hippoes right now or get one hcca for now and maybe another later there pretty pricey

what would you do?

might try sealed again i like feeling the bass not hearing it

chest crushing bass

my current amp for now will do around 2500 watts switching these out for my 2x 10" type r

Last edited by a moderator:
i could just grab 2 hippoes right now or get one hcca for now and maybe another later there pretty pricey
what would you do?

might try sealed again i like feeling the bass not hearing it

chest crushing bass

my current amp for now will do around 2500 watts switching these out for my 2x 10" type r
What amp are you running? What kind of electrical and what kind of box do you plan to run? Also if you plan to run 2 HCAAs plan a much bigger amp a clamped 2500 watts will work for one but 2 would absolutely laugh at it

ultimat t3-1000d says 2700 watts at 2ohms i have no idea what im getting just for a few months then i plan on getting 2 hifonics BRX2400.1D and 2 xs d3100 battery

might try a sealed box but only because i was so disappointed with my type rs in a ported just dont like to hear the bass just feel the chest crushing bass

but i think im leaning twards the hippos there a great price and awesome reviews

ultimat t3-1000d says 2700 watts at 2ohms i have no idea what im getting just for a few months then i plan on getting 2 hifonics BRX2400.1D and 2 xs d3100 battery
might try a sealed box but only because i was so disappointed with my type rs in a ported just dont like to hear the bass just feel the chest crushing bass

but i think im leaning twards the hippos there a great price and awesome reviews
U will not.get great output. And will be doing both subs a great disservice by runnimg.them sealed..odds are ur type r.s are in a crappy prefab box

yeah custom sounds like fun. but what do you go by if not what the site calls for optimum ported box?

i might have the 2 hifonics amps sooner than i thought

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.