2k amp or a bit above.

n8te81
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Ill be getting my hdc312 in tomm and I need a amp that's either 2k or a bit higher. I have a nine.1 right now but I'm gonna want more power on it later on after it gets broken in. I would like to find something under 400 if I could or even lower.

I've heard good things about fsd but also about cab. I've heard the cab will do more than 1600 clean x 2. 3200 clean watts for 400 sounds pretty unbeatable to me
Yea, but to me the FSD1600 just looks beefier and not as cheaply made. I know the cab does power IDK just looks empty inside to me... I posted a link up there to a Taramps 3000 - he wants 479 but is taking offers. Tell him 420 and I think you will get one.... 13,8 VDC - 1 OHM: 3598W RMS or 3k@12v........ If a no go then FSD1600's just look a lot more built.... But member strapping is not for everyone. Not as easy wam bam gooday.... I went FSD cause 600 bucks for a close 5k just said take me... Had chance to get a 3800 but did not like the boards layout. I mean u looked at the internals of a SQ2200 vs a FSD2700 I keep thinking where the rest of the 2200 at lol..... Steven of Twisted Sounds prob has a few V! or near mint TS-1.8's laying around... Will do 2200+ everyone one of them. $300 mark..

Yea, but to me the FSD1600 just looks beefier and not as cheaply made. I know the cab does power IDK just looks empty inside to me... I posted a link up there to a Taramps 3000 - he wants 479 but is taking offers. Tell him 420 and I think you will get one.... 13,8 VDC - 1 OHM: 3598W RMS or 3k@12v........ If a no go then FSD1600's just look a lot more built.... But member strapping is not for everyone. Not as easy wam bam gooday.... I went FSD cause 600 bucks for a close 5k just said take me... Had chance to get a 3800 but did not like the boards layout. I mean u looked at the internals of a SQ2200 vs a FSD2700 I keep thinking where the rest of the 2200 at lol..... Steven of Twisted Sounds prob has a few V! or near mint TS-1.8's laying around... Will do 2200+ everyone one of them. $300 mark..
To me the guts on the cab looks better and all the inputs

I got a quick different question.... I forgot the hdc12 was direct leads. So how would it be the best way to wire it to my 1ohm load? Its a d2 BTW. The leads can reach the terminals to the bolts on the cup so just twist both negs together and into terminal ring and then just same for positive?

I got a quick different question.... I forgot the hdc12 was direct leads. So how would it be the best way to wire it to my 1ohm load? Its a d2 BTW. The leads can reach the terminals to the bolts on the cup so just twist both negs together and into terminal ring and then just same for positive?
Yep

OK so after about a week the sub sounds pretty good....I know it will get better once it's broken in. My voltage is dropping a bit down to about 12v at night with my lights on but it doesn't drop often and I'm all on stock electrical with 4g power wire. Ill be doing the big 3 next weekend. So my amp is the nine.1 like I said and I have the gain about halfway up...should I still see about getting maybe the fsd1600 or am I about where the output is gonna be at with my nine.1?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.